“Great Baked Goods”
Review of The Dog & Pig

The Dog & Pig
Ranked #318 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The milk and cookie bar was absolutely delicious! Their grilled cheese was also good, but it was just a tad too spicy. The Dog and Pig is definitely a great place for quick, cheap meal.

1  Thank rebeccak757

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Small sandwich shop with hip ambience and an interesting fusionish menu. I ordered the grilled cheese. It came quick and was heavenly. High quality cheese with a hint of sweetness in the tomato jam. I will definitely be back to try other sandwiches.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

This is a nice little take out spot with about 6 or 7 eclectic, tasty options. They used to have a wonderful dish I loved -- a bowl of grits, greens, pimento cheese, with a soft egg. I can't recall the name, but every time I ate it (which was often, because I live nearby), I was immediately happy. This menu item has disappeared, and sadly, never to come back I don't think. I've asked about it several times, and they always say something like: no, we don't have that anymore.
What they do have is several good dishes -- not as good as that yummy bowl of goodness that they deleted from the menu. The menu has not changed in a long time, though, and I'm kind of tired of their selections, so I don't go too often anymore.
Bring back the yummy grits and greens and pimento cheese dish!!! PLEASE! Or change up that menu so the regulars don't get tired of the same ole, same ole.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Ate here while on business in Richmond. Located in historic downtown area.
Shrimp & grits were above average, albeit a bit creamy for my taste. Food is good, but you have to be prepared from some quirks: no table/waiter service - you order at the counter and then if you want something else, you go back up and place another order...i.e, no drink refills either; the place is SMALL... I mean really small. Only a few tables. If you want something quick and unique, try it.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Looking for somewhere quick and within walking distance to take my mother from out of town to dinner. I try to take her somewhere different every time. If you haven't been here before it's definitely worth trying. It's small inside but every inch of the inside is adorable. Their menu only has few unique items. If you aren't into trying new things I don't recommend. My go to is the bibimbap it's easy to eat at the park out of the bowl. The ingredients aren't something that I would normally go for but it's one of my favorites and I usually have leftovers and it heats up fine. My mom had the bangkok bun which wasn't my favorite but she really enjoyed it. It was super messy. My boyfriend's favorite is the short rib po boy. My mom wants to come back and try the grilled cheese. We also had a cookies and creme bar and it was super rich. One or two bites is good so it's nice to split. We also split a coke. Two meals, one dessert bar and a coke comes to around $27. They have a couple nice sidewalk tables as well. I wouldn't come here with a group unless you did pickup and ate at the park nearby. Also make sure you check the hours before you head over, they also in the middle of the day.

Been to The Dog & Pig? Share your experiences!