“Best Tuscan wine cellar in Richmond”

La Grotta Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grotta Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Take one step inside the door of La Grotta Ristorante and you will be transported to Northern Italy. The smell of roasted garlic and rich flavors of Italian cuisine is irresistible. In true tradition of Italian hospitality, La Grotta provides guests with the finest, most flavorful dishes, professional and friendly wait staff, and a warm and inviting atmosphere. La Grotta means, "The Cave", and resembles a wine cellar for an intimate dining experience. Guests can also dine in the restaurants actual wine cellar room as well. La Grotta Ristorante excels in serving lunch and dinner parties. Chef Antonio and manager Andrea will work closely to ensure that your party will experience a special and memorable dinner or event. Try some of our favorites including the Chicken Ravioli at lunch and our Agnolotti for dinner. We have also won the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence in 2010. We are sure to have the perfect wine to pair with your meal. We look forward to seeing you soon at La Grotta Ristorante.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Smart menu, beautiful interior, truly a talented sommelier. This place has turned out to be one of the most romantic spots in town, because they do everything really well

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

La Grotta Ristorante was our choice for a birthday celebration. We had reservations and our table was ready for us when we arrived. The server was friendly and went over a number of their specials. We selected the three course wine dinner and ordered before dinner cocktails that were somewhat slow to arrive. We had just started sipping the nicely prepared cocktails when the server brought the first course of wine and in another instant the appetizers. At that point I asked the waiter to please slow down so we could enjoy our meal. Thankfully he did. The appetizers were very good and the pace slowed so we could enjoy the cocktails and our first courses. The main courses were delicious, pasta with gamberoni and ravioli stuffed with pheasant. The wine parings were also good and the desserts were scrumptious.
In terms of the price it was an expensive evening and while the food was good it was Americanized Italian.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

One of my top favorite restaurants in Richmond. I eat here about once a month and I have NEVER been disappointed! Pasta is homemade and is always delicious; the a-la-poppalina is my favorite. Sea bass & steaks cooked to perfection. Excellent wine selection, calamari is flash-fried, not too much batter & always a great choice. I have always received superior service from the waitstaff, and the chef has twice gone above and beyond for my off-menu order. This place has great ambiance, great food, great service...a treat to dine here!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

With all the stars and hype, we expected a 5 star meal. The venue is tastefully decorated, quiet and romantic. If only the food was of equal quality as the facility. Service was friendly but slow and our waiter had little knowledge of what was in the specials or how they were prepared. You can usually tell how the rest of the meal will go by the bread served. The bread sticks were tasteless and the rest of the breads were no better. The salads were large, but with very little unremarkable dressing- think store brand grocery quality. Pastas were over cooked and a tad greasy. We have been spoiled by enjoying fine Italian restaurants from NYC to all over Italy. This was not even close to being fine dining. How they manage to get away with charging so much for such mediocre food is beyond me. Save your money and try someplace else.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a meeting in Richmond. I ordered one of the daily features not on the menu and the dish was excellent. We had a very large party and all the food looked amazing and the group consensus was very favorable. The wine list is extensive and the drinks were nicely prepared. Our service for a large group was on point and met our expectations. I ended my meal with the coconut cake and a friend the tiramisu and both were good. When I am able to return the quail is on the list.

Been to La Grotta Ristorante? Share your experiences!