“OMG - what took us so long?”
Review of Deep Run Roadhouse

Deep Run Roadhouse
Ranked #115 of 1,639 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Deep Run Roadhouse serves delicious regional BBQ, Tex-Mex and Comfort Food. All of our dishes are prepared daily from the best local ingredients with specialties including smoked meats and made from scratch sides. Owner Paul Hubbard is a native of the neighborhood in which his restaurant is located. Hubbard is a graduate of the Culinary Arts Program at Hermitage Technical Center and has held chef positions in some of the area's finest restaurants. Those family-owned restaurants taught him the importance of hospitality, attention to detail and creating an exciting, flavorful and unique menu. In 2009, he opened Alamo BBQ in Church Hill and realized affordable and comforting food appealed to a lot larger audience. What his audience wanted to eat became his favorite thing to cook. Alamo BBQ's success is a testament to the fact Richmond loves BBQ and comfort food. The two cuisines go hand in hand and are loved by all. Deep Run Roadhouse proudly offers the very best of both and provides delicious offerings for all cravings or diets. Its smoked portabello mushrooms, soups, salads and fresh made sides can satisfy any vegetarian or BBQ lover. All menu items are prepared daily, utilizing the freshest, local ingredients. Deep Run Roadhouse operates on one of Hubbard's favorite sayings: "Never think you're smarter than the food you cook, or the people you cook for."
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I am so glad we finally tried Deep Run Roadhouse! First, the place was very clean and staff was very attentive - even though this is a counter service restaurant, the staff will bring your food and check on you to see if you need anything during the meal. The food is incredible - we are BBQ fans and this is some of the best we have ever had.
We enjoyed the 3 meat platter with green beans and cornbread. It is worth the up charge to have the brisket on the platter! We have already planned our return visit.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Had the Brisket platter for lunch today. Best I ever had outside of Austin, TX. Expertly seasoned so no sauce was required. Tender but not mushy. I am still drooling. To go with it I had the Texas Cavier. A blend of white corn with Black beans, celery and spices served cold as a perfect compliment to the brisket. To round it out I had a unique honey butter cornbread. I picked up a pound of pulled pork BBQ for the missus for dinner. Can't wait to get back again.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I ordered a family pack for a family party and was very pleased. Being from out of state , I just picked Deep Run Roadhouse off the internet and had a great experience. The food was ready and waiting for me, service was friendly. Everything we got was great! We have decided to return on our next visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Food is cooked to order. Friendly service. Take a coupon if you go or it can get a little expensive. They also have some daily specials.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I've lived in Texas and I've eaten my fair share of Memphis-style and Kansas City-style BBQ, and I consider them to be the best in their own right, so Richmond really doesn't compare. Nonetheless, there are a few decent Virginia BBQ places in town and I consider Deep Run Roadhouse to be one of them. There's a large selection of meat to choose from and the overall menu is loaded with lots of choices of sandwiches and side dishes. I ordered the beef brisket and it was very juicy and had good flavor. The loaded nachos my wife ordered were awesome, as was the corn bread. The fried catfish was flaky with batter that had a great taste and crunch. The hush puppies were about as good as you can get in most BBQ places, but the potato salad was rather bland. Prices are not that bad for the area and nice and friendly people work there. It's worth a stop if you want something different in the Short Pump area but don't want to pay a Short Pump price.