“Busy night at Hooters”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a decent time out with my husband, brother, and my three kids (11yo, 14mo and 1.5mo). The hostess let us know upfront that we were probably going to be waiting an hour for food (backed up in the kitchen although not overly busy). We decided to stay. The hostess brought my 14mo old a fruit cup, which was really nice. My husband ordered a Long Island iced tea, my brother and I got their regular bloody marys, which all were delicious. Our wait for the food didnt end up being a full hour I don't believe, but it did take a while. The pretzels with beer cheese was really good, pretzels were perfect, not too tough to eat and the cheese taxes great! We all got the wing combo. I got half Chesapeake dry rub, half Jamaican Jerk. Both flavors were great! My oldest son got the hottest sauce available. He chickened out but everyone else tried it and it was pretty good. The spice doesn't hit you until after you've taken your bite and swallowed, but the burn really isn't all that bad.
Our waitress was super sweet, and even signed our 14mo olds cast (recent surgery to correct his clubfeet), and had another super sweet waitress sign it too.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Took over an hour to get our wings, fries, and a pretzel/dip app. Food was coming out of the kitchen at a snail's pace. No reason it should take so long to fry some chicken wings. Waitress said the delay is due to large amounts of to go orders on game days. Still don't think we'll be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Sat at the bar and ordered a beer, wings, and fries. No biggy, pretty basic for Hooters. 1/2 hour later I get hot fries and COLD wings. OK, send them back, 40 minutes later I'm looking at my waitress who, I guess from embarrasment dissappeared, and calls the manager who does not look at me as he charges me for the fries, beer and 2 blue cheese. I say " take the blue cheese off" oh, ok, sorry....What?

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We were seated quickly however it took a long time to get our drinks. The food came out in a timely manner but again the waitress was unattentive and it took quite a while to get refills on our drinks. Okay, little tiny shorts are fun to look at but I would rather have a drink in my hand when I'm looking at them.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Several guys our crew had a Final Supper here at the end of the job and we mostly thought, "It Sucks". Food wasn't all that good, certainly not like usual at Hooters. It was a Saturday Night and the place was half-full so I'd guess out of towners were about all that were there. Service was friendly enough but slow and the kitchen was slow. The wings were almost like they were old leftovers you reheat out of your refrigerator. We mentioned it to the waitress and she said she would tell someone but then she left and the next one said the manager was gone on an emergency and we could call him Monday. Since we were all leaving the next morning it was pointless. None of us will be back.

Been to Hooters? Share your experiences!