“CLOSED FOR BUSINESS July 2017”

Tobacco Company Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: USD 21 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Convenient public transit stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Just one week short of celebrating our 40th Anniversary as Richmond’s premier dining and entertainment venue, The Tobacco Company Restaurant is sad to announce that we have temporarily closed operations due to fire damage. Our first thoughts are of our guests and our restaurant family. The amount of support we have received from area businesses and friends has been heartwarming. We are working with the City and inspectors to assess the damage. We are also working with other local restaurants and businesses to find employment for those displaced by the closing. We will be sending out weekly updates on the progress of our renovations and our plans for our grand reopening.
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This was a Richmond icon, but management has decided not to rebuild following a fire.

"Closed Until Further Notice
Just one week short of celebrating our 40th Anniversary as Richmond’s premier dining and entertainment venue, The Tobacco Company Restaurant is sad to announce that we have temporarily closed operations due to fire damage."

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 7 August 2018

As upper management with a Fortune 500 company, I am required to entertain clients often. Also venders from out of town, also take me out to dinner. The Tobacco Company Restaurant is one of my favorites places to go in Richmond. I have been going there for business about ten times a year for many, many years. The service is great and the food excellent. I have never been disappointed. The only problem is that it is sometimes hard to find parking close to the restaurant. The food is great but kind of pricey. Try it - you will like it.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Used to frequent Tobacco Company when I work downtown and was new to Richmond and old classic. Went to a graduation party there and it felt like I never left.

2  Thank YamYam804
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, kind of pricey, but very good. Waiter was very decent. The background story of the restaurant is interesting. Will definitely recommend.

1  Thank jldp1
Reviewed 12 February 2018

The food is spectacular, the vibe great, and an evening here fun.
A former roommate played the harp here.

It's been a while since I was here.

Most dishes are higher end of mid range.

1  Thank Julia C