See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I started staying here just for one week while I situated myself trying to move during that week my moving time extended and due to the amazingly outgoing friendly staff that you usually don’t get an extended stay hotel because you’re not paying for all of the extra luxuries so on and so forth I said you know what for this price this place has been so awesome sadly later that same night I came across one bad seed and being the person that I am I truly wasn’t even going to complain I just wanted to pack up and switch hotels and the stress was overwhelming ...luckily I ended up seeing the awesome Teayna and I’m sure I messed up her name even though she told me 7485 times how to spell it anyways when I came in to tell them I was leaving I saw her and I just started venting and rambling and she listened and genuinely cared she literally came around and gave me a hug and was like honey calm down you’re gonna be fine and we’ve taken care of it (they really pay attention and they already knew what happened !) she didn’t badmouth any coworkers she just promised me things would be different but understood if I didn’t have faith in them and wanted to go and immediately I had the manager also contact me and was very concerned and truly authentically apologetic and I stayed and I have had zip zero issues even the people in the elevators are nice and chatty I go out alone to smoke at 3am and feel safe every morning on my way out of there to head to work they know me by name and tell me to have a great shift it really feels like my home away from home and that is genuine hospitality and sadly it’s rare these days so I definitely definitely I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area for long or short stays!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Richmond_West_GM, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Kelly,

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let Teauna know that she made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Staying here for about 10 days before moving on to another gig. I have stayed at other locations so the brand is not new to me. This particular location is not up to my expectations. I'm told the building is only 5 years old but it appears to be older than that. I'd say, judgiing from the condition of my mattress, it's closer to 20. The overall atmosphere is equivalent to a shabby Motel 6 complete with wall to wall mould. The only attraction here is the price: low $40's per night. Won't be coming back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards for creating an exceptional guest experience! We are usually known for our great customer service and attention to detail in everything that we do. Our reputation is not something we choose to hide behind but is a benchmark to ensure continued improvement in the future. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally ensure that all your other complaints are addressed and everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed there and wanted to say Mrs Teavna Houston was awesome! She explained everything to me and she made sure my check in was outstanding! We need more professional service like this I definitely will be back and refer people to your hotel Awesome Job very please customer!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Edward,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We will let Teauna know that you were pleased with her service. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I stayed 10 weeks for a job and it was very good for a long, hard job. I work 7/12's, nights and I was happy that it was actually very quiet on my end of the hotel. I was on the 4th floor, unfortunately the smoking floor, but I try to stay on the top to avoid noise from above. There are a number of families living here but there were none of the seedy types you can usually see in an extended stay hotel in a big city. Overall it was very good.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Richmond_West_GM, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We are glad to see that your stay was great with us. We hope to see you next time !

Carrington Dunn, AGM

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Received a call at 10 a.m. that the rooms we book are not available.... if you are traveling from far - too bad so sad. The lady that called were nice but unapologetic. Were told it is what it is. Well need to give the some credit to at least call and let me know. Have to rush and call around for another hotel. Good thing we are almost local so I still have access to the internet to book another hotel for our stay TONIGHT.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Richmond_West_GM, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for the confusion with your reservation. We work hard to ensure that all of our guests needs are met, and I am sorry that we were not able to meet your need to upgrade your second room to a studio double, and this caused you to seek alternative accommodations.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you as a guest.

Kind Regards,