“Hidden gem in Scott's Addition”
Review of SMoHK

SMoHK
Ranked #729 of 1,639 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great find! It's tucked in the back of a parking lot, but it is definitely worth looking for. The ribs and pulled pork are great, and the wings are phenomenal! Best I have ever had. I tried some of their smoked mac & cheese when they were selling their wares at Isley Brewing a few weeks ago and loved it. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Ate lunch here with my son and one of his employees. The menu looked interesting but a bit over priced. I had smoked rib-eyes with two sides. The other two had rib-eye sandwiches.
For a place named Smohk, one would think the meat offerings would at least have some smokieness.....the ribeye slices had known that any of us could detect. The sandwich was $9 with no accompanying side dish....way over priced for the product. The meat with two sides (slaw and tomatoes and cukes) was $12 and was astronomical as the portion of meat and sides was ridiculously small. The slaw was probably the worst I've ever eaten!!
One of the owners asked us what we thought of the meal and I was open and frank with him, sharing essentially the same feedback I've provided above.
This was not a good dining experience and I would not return, for many reasons. Interestingly, they did not have any other lunch customers in the 35 minutes we were there, definitely not a good sign.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed large ribeye and pulled pork sandwiches with family. Meats were generous portion and tender. Toasted sandwich roll was a pleasant touch. Great choice of sauces to compliment the tasty smoked meat. Got the smoked chicken wings as an appetizer and they were meaty, tender, and nice smoke flavor. They were fresh out of the smoker which was neat to check out. I was disappointed the ribs were not ready done smoking yet but was happy they would not sell a product not yet meeting their high standards. We’ll be back to check out the ribs.