“Skip it!”
Review of Beijing On Grove

Beijing On Grove
Ranked #539 of 1,860 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for the first time last weekend with friends and was quite disappointed. Although the portions of food were generous, the dish that I ordered which included scallops, calamari, and shrimp had essentially no taste. The server was efficient but unfriendly. Given the large number of Chinese restaurants around town which are less expensive and provide delicious food, I suggest that you go to those.

Date of visit: March 2018
Christopher S, Guest Relations Manager at Beijing On Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

VirginiaTraveler805
You experience fall ways short of the bar that we have set for our guests and we can not apologize enough. I am not going to say it was an off day, I am just going to say that we can do much much better and it will be addressed. I will talk with the chef in regards to your feedback about your dish. That was a mistake for sure. Please give us chance to prove we are one of the best restaurant groups and no matter which location you go you can count on excellent service and superior quality food with great value. Please reach out to me directly at: cstaples@eatrp.com

Again, thank you for reaching out and giving us this critical feedback. Best,

Chris Staples

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Several visits since our first review we discovered the Pai Gow shrimp. It is a meal disguised as an appetizer. Watch out for the spicy sauce that is appropriately described as it is pretty spicy. I can also vouch for the mushu pork, been good every time. Nice selection of wine at very reasonable prices.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Joined a party of 9 celebrating one of our girls getting a new job opportunity. They have a small private room that actually looks into the kitchen. That was as really fun and unique to be able to watch as they prepared some dishes. The chef and his staff were really engaging as well. The ambiance and vibe of the place was great on a Friday night. Really hip and lively.
Our server was great and our group was handled without wrinkle. He was knowledgeable and engaging even on a busy Friday evening around 6:00pm. The place was packed. He also had recommendations and thoroughly explained the menu.

Unlike other Chinese restaurants I have visiting lately they are flexible into changing dishes to meet your dietary needs. They even have a brown rice option.

I rarely give a 5 star rating but here you go..
I will return.

Pro’s- Food, Service, Atmosphere

Con’s-Small parking lot out back but you have to hunt down street parking.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Recommend the Chinese eggplant in garlic sauce. The eggplant was perfectly prepared, soft and “meaty” without being overdone. The garlic sauce was flavorful without being overburdened by too much garlic. My wife had the Buddha’s delight seafood offering. Here too the sauce was delicate but very flavorful. The seafood was abundant with scallops, shrimp, and calamari which were all moist and the peppers and celery added a nice variation to the dish. The atmosphere is not typical Chinese but that of an open dining facility offering many craft beers and draft. Well worth the visit.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank LivinTheGreatLife
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner this week at Beijing on Grove. Our food was top quality, though the spring roll appetizer was kind of a small portion. We enjoyed two vegetarian entrees (Buddha’s Delight and Fst Dragon tofu) that were very well prepared and presented nicely. Our service was excellent and the crowd was more trendy than we are. The bar had plenty of great local beer options too. We highly recommend visiting and will suggest this as an option to friends who are seeking a fun night out with wonderful meal options.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Beijing On Grove? Share your experiences!