“Good and Cheap”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. My husband had a burger which was a really good size and cooked exactly how he asked. I had a simple grilled cheese but it was yummy. I think the AC was broken which was rough on an almost 100 degree day but with the good food and friendly service we didn't mind so much.

1  Thank MoonliteMaven

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This is an older diner, and is being rated as such. Went there for breakfast with 8 people. Food was delivered fast and was good. Portion size was large. No one finished there meal. We are there on a Friday morning with no wait, but every seat was taken. It is small, so I would plan on a wait on weekends.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Waited with 2 children for 1/2 hour while 2 booths sat empty. I asked if we could sit there. "No, those are for groups of 4". There were so many people waiting to sit (in groups of 2 & 3) that the waiting area was full and spilling out into the streets.

While waiting we walked through a part of the kitchen to get to the restrooms. Neither the restrooms nor the kitchen looked particularly clean.

After we were finally seated in a booth that was too small for me, we discovered there are no children's menus, and the waitress said they would not prepare a small version of an adult entree. So we left. She had brought our drinks already and i didn't notice that my grandson took his with him when we left, so I feel like I owe them $2.50 or whatever they charge for an ADULT SIZED drink that they brought for my 5 year old.

I have no idea if the food is good, but I can safely say, this place is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Breakfast, January 27, 2017
Our first visit. Arrived around 9AM. Diner was about half full. Waited at least 5 minutes before a server came to our table. We ordered coffee, but needed more time to view the menu before ordering. Coffee was served right away. But our server did not return. We could see her across the restaurant chatting with regular customers and other staff. My wife commented she felt our server had forgotten us. Unknowing to my wife, another server was at a table behind ours and must have overheard her comment. She immediately came to our table and took our order. The food was delivered promptly by a third staff member. But...that was the last time anyone visited our table to check on us or offer to refill our coffees. All the while the diner was filling with its mid-morning regulars. They were immediately recognized, greeted, served promptly and frequently checked upon by the wait staff. We paid our bill and left. The take-away message for us was this is a neighborhood place that is not interested in winning new customers from outside the immediate local area. We love locally owned restaurants and seek them out over chain operations. Thankfully, there are plenty other choices with good service to accompany their good food.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Tried this place for the first time a week ago. I was not disappointed. It was crowded. Lots of repeat customers based on the conversations overheard.