“Updated Classic Southern”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We were headed somewhere else and passed this pretty old storefront. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly, the menu is updated Southern and the food is beautifully prepared and plated and there's a great wine list. The atmosphere is warm with lots of charming touches.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We passed by this restaurant the day before on the way to another restaurant. It looked inviting so we tried it the next day. What a find! The special appetizer was mushroom and toast which we shared and was marvelous. For the entree, my wife had the crabcake which seemed to almost all crab, and she declared to be excellent. As they were famous for there shrimp and grits, I had that. It too was a marvelous dish. All this was eaten with a glass (or two) of Newton Chardonnay. Desert was also shared and was the chocolate Cromeux. Too decadent to describe.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Having read several positive reviews of Julep, I had time to visit for Happy Hour to grab a wine and a few Scooby snacks on a Friday afternoon. Very glad that I did, as both the food and wine were quite good and the prices - $5 for each item -- can't be beat. the property is quite beautiful and upscale in appearance but as it was a nice day, i sat on the patio0 and watched the world go by.

There were two servers for 6-8 patio tables, so the service was quick as well as friendly and welcoming. My server provided ideas for a nice, crisp but not sweet Rose on a hot day and the wine was quite nice. Kudos to my server for delivering what I was seeking! there were also mixed drinks and, of course, Mint Julep's, also available for $5.

The menu for small plates was five items deep and offered a nice variety (see photo below). I chose the Deviled Eggs and the Duck Fritters. Both were delivered quickly and the presentation was first rate. The Fritters were hot and crispy, as one would hope. Both were quite flavorful, with the eggs given a chipotle flavoring and the hush puppies more duck than breading. My neighboring table had ordered other items and they seemed equally pleased with their food.

Overall, a very nice establishment with excellent food and wine and superlative service. Happy Hour is clearly a bargain and wish I could have tried their dinner, given how pleased I was. Oh well, for another time.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Julep’s has nice atmosphere and good food. Nice food, drink & wine menu. A bit pricey, but very tasty.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I've eaten several times at Julep's because I can get a table that allows me to talk to my companions, the food is great and the service excellent. This week's dinner was exactly that. The scallops were perfectly done. I try to do something other than the fried green tomatoes but can never pass up this opportunity for a favorite. I notice other reviews that say service was slow and the place noisy. I have never had that experience in several meals at Julep's. I will be back soon.