All reviews perfect location top floor rooftop restaurant cala luna sea view floor overlooking watching the boats excellent room reception staff three star nice balcony star hotel high season boiled eggs per night rooms are clean nice breakfast
Reviewed 12 October 2018

The things we loved:
**SERVICE was excellent! Most spoke very good English and were very accommodating and helpful! Even at three in the morning, when we were hunting for water bottles :)
**Junior Suite - very good size room compared to the others, gorgeous view with a decent size terrace, big enough for two small chairs but no table. The bathroom, however, was TINY! Too small for two people at once. For the size and cost of the room (400 e for 2 nights), I was surprised, but it did not ruin our experience.
**Location would have been epic if we had not been 'grounded' due to wind. Right in the marina and next to the beach - but a short walk to the center of town.
**Breakfast was very good - nice variety, including hard boiled & scrambled eggs. However, just one coffee maker - made the line at breakfast a little long. But it was good coffee! And the view couldn't be faulted.
The cons (for us):
**Time of year - End of September was windy and rainy and so the biggest asset of this hotel (the rooftop) was empty. You could still go up, but no bar or nightlife which was a bummer! We ended up spending our evenings at Hotel Cala Luna as they had a great Skybar for cocktails and their bar was open.
**FLIES! I don't know if it was the location or what, but the flies were everywhere and kept biting! We attempted to enjoy a drink and free appertif (which was some fruit, cheese, and small sandwiches) at the lower bar overlooking the beach but the flies shewed us away. Additionally opening the terrace window was impossible as flies invaded! To be fair, they were on the beach as well so this isn't so much a fault of the hotel, just made spending time there difficult.
Other things to note:
--We attempted to have late lunch at the restaurant but it was closed, which seemed to be the norm for most restaurants during the lull in the afternoon. We never did end up eating there which was disappointing. But for late lunch go to Il Nuovo Gabbiano (right next door) it was very good.
--Beds were quite hard (again the norm in Sardinia)
--Kettle for tea in room, but no coffee
--Paid parking right in the marina, free parking could be found a short walk away (I imagine this is not the case when it is busy though.)
--No substantial indoor area to the hotel besides the lobby.
--Hotel has a lift (elevator) yay!

All in all, our stay was very nice. The town is adorable, but really only good for 1-2 days max. Our stay here was for the purpose of visiting the beaches by boat, which we ended up not being able to do because the wind was too strong. HUGE bummer, but everything in town is within walking distance and some decent beaches. Nothing as jaw dropping as Cala Luna, but improved upon our stay.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must, Junior Suite was much larger than the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

This is the place to stay in Cala Gonone. The best view of the coast. The bar across the road for sunset drinks. The beach opposite. The marina across the road to hire a boat.
Super friendly and efficient staff. Location, location.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - it's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend at a cost of 100€ per night for 2 nights. The hotel location is great although there is no parking. You can pay to park at a car park nearby or the friendly hotel staff will give you a map showing where there is free on street parking a 5 min walk away.

Our room was a bit on the small side, dark and had a view of a car park (1st floor). We only booked the standard room but I expected slightly more.

The staff on reception are helpful and friendly but not all the staff are as professional (I had to wait for a manager to stop shouting at the waitresses in the restaurant before I could talk to them and the bar man serving on the bar outside seemed to be taking a nap).

My main issue with this hotel is the fact that it is in need of Maintainence. They seemed to have spent a little money on the bar at the front but very little on where it matters most - the rooms. Our room had an old air conditioning unit which kept waking us up in the early hours of the morning by making loud buzzing, clunking and dripping noises. Eventually we turned the air con off but then woke up becuase of the heat. The reception staff explained that they have a man that looks at the condition of the air con units daily. I am not an expert but I suspect that this is not true as I could see mould and a lot of dust that had accumulated in the unit that was blocking the filters. The staff explained that they can only fix it once they know it is broken and nobody had previously reported the fault. For me this attitude sums up the hotel... wait for something to become a problem, someone to complain or something to break altogether before taking any action to maintain anything - hence the tired appearance.

The reception staff explained that I should have reported the fault in the middle of the night when it first occured - but who wants to get up in the middle of the night, cost reception and move rooms at 3am?! I have an alternative suggestion - service the air conditioning units, don't wait for someone to complain that they are broken!!

I asked for some compensation (a token gesture woupd have been fine, I suggested that they do not charge me for the breakfast which we had, which was below average anyway but only 10€ pp) but was told there was nothing she could do as she was not the owner. All she could offer us was a free croissant. Not really satisfactory compensation for a miserable nights sleep... especially when you have already had breakfast. The reception staff were trying to help but someone with the authority to make decisions regarding compensating guests when things have gone wrong should be available or certain staff should be given the autonomy to offer more than just free croissants!

The disappointing fact here is that this hotel has the potential to be very good (great location, a few good staff, great view from the roof top restaurant) but it misses the mark where it matters most.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This is 3 star hotel but hold on
The staff treating you like you are 5star customer
Perfect greeting
Me and my girlfriend ask one of the staff (Domenico) if we could watch football game?
The guy says No problem
He organized table for us and play futbol on screan
Now food
Is fantastic
Try filet steak the best Iv ever eat

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

On a road trip through Sardinia, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at Bue Marino. We had an excellent room with a balcony on the 3rd floor overlooking the bay and bar. The reception staff were very welcoming, and helpful throughout our stay. The room was a good size and the bathroom was very modern, clean, and contained all the necessary items. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. A bonus when staying here is the very pleasant bar, across the road from the hotel, overlooking the marina and beach. The hotel is located in very close proximity to a number of quality restaurants. The beach was very popular as it was quite warm weather, and the water was clean and refreshing for a swim. Highly recommend a stay at Bue Marino if you go to Cala Gonome.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple