All reviews perfect location top floor rooftop restaurant cala luna sea view floor overlooking watching the boats excellent room reception staff three star nice balcony star hotel high season boiled eggs per night rooms are clean nice breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2018

This is the place to stay in Cala Gonone. The best view of the coast. The bar across the road for sunset drinks. The beach opposite. The marina across the road to hire a boat.
Super friendly and efficient staff. Location, location.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - it's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend at a cost of 100€ per night for 2 nights. The hotel location is great although there is no parking. You can pay to park at a car park nearby or the friendly hotel staff will give you a map showing where there is free on street parking a 5 min walk away.

Our room was a bit on the small side, dark and had a view of a car park (1st floor). We only booked the standard room but I expected slightly more.

The staff on reception are helpful and friendly but not all the staff are as professional (I had to wait for a manager to stop shouting at the waitresses in the restaurant before I could talk to them and the bar man serving on the bar outside seemed to be taking a nap).

My main issue with this hotel is the fact that it is in need of Maintainence. They seemed to have spent a little money on the bar at the front but very little on where it matters most - the rooms. Our room had an old air conditioning unit which kept waking us up in the early hours of the morning by making loud buzzing, clunking and dripping noises. Eventually we turned the air con off but then woke up becuase of the heat. The reception staff explained that they have a man that looks at the condition of the air con units daily. I am not an expert but I suspect that this is not true as I could see mould and a lot of dust that had accumulated in the unit that was blocking the filters. The staff explained that they can only fix it once they know it is broken and nobody had previously reported the fault. For me this attitude sums up the hotel... wait for something to become a problem, someone to complain or something to break altogether before taking any action to maintain anything - hence the tired appearance.

The reception staff explained that I should have reported the fault in the middle of the night when it first occured - but who wants to get up in the middle of the night, cost reception and move rooms at 3am?! I have an alternative suggestion - service the air conditioning units, don't wait for someone to complain that they are broken!!

I asked for some compensation (a token gesture woupd have been fine, I suggested that they do not charge me for the breakfast which we had, which was below average anyway but only 10€ pp) but was told there was nothing she could do as she was not the owner. All she could offer us was a free croissant. Not really satisfactory compensation for a miserable nights sleep... especially when you have already had breakfast. The reception staff were trying to help but someone with the authority to make decisions regarding compensating guests when things have gone wrong should be available or certain staff should be given the autonomy to offer more than just free croissants!

The disappointing fact here is that this hotel has the potential to be very good (great location, a few good staff, great view from the roof top restaurant) but it misses the mark where it matters most.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This is 3 star hotel but hold on
The staff treating you like you are 5star customer
Perfect greeting
Me and my girlfriend ask one of the staff (Domenico) if we could watch football game?
The guy says No problem
He organized table for us and play futbol on screan
Now food
Is fantastic
Try filet steak the best Iv ever eat

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018

On a road trip through Sardinia, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at Bue Marino. We had an excellent room with a balcony on the 3rd floor overlooking the bay and bar. The reception staff were very welcoming, and helpful throughout our stay. The room was a good size and the bathroom was very modern, clean, and contained all the necessary items. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. A bonus when staying here is the very pleasant bar, across the road from the hotel, overlooking the marina and beach. The hotel is located in very close proximity to a number of quality restaurants. The beach was very popular as it was quite warm weather, and the water was clean and refreshing for a swim. Highly recommend a stay at Bue Marino if you go to Cala Gonome.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a true three star hotel with very attentive service and a fabulous view onto the harbor. We had a suite which was very spacious with a nice balcony and gorgeous view. The hotel and rooms are all very clean. The hotel bar across the street and the rooftop bar are fabulous. Both are worth checking out. Cala Gonone is a small busy town which is very walkable and the evening stroll is relaxing, and ideal for couples and families (at the end of the walk there is playground and nightly shows in the park). The little vendors at night were one of the best we saw during our Sardinia trip, and included local artists and farmers.

Definitely book an inflatable boat tour to the Calas and rent your own boat as well to explore even more little beaches. So worth it! Pictures: view from our room and little artist cave at Cala Luna (done by all the visitors)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple