“Nice location for a stop”
Review of Il Nuovo Gabbiano

Il Nuovo Gabbiano
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Cala Gonone
Price range: USD 16 - USD 85
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il Nuovo Gabbiano Hotel Restaurant offers you delicious specialties from Sardinia and Italy, sometimes combining an innovative culinary viewpoint. We will reserve to you a warm welcome if you take a sit on the terrace with sea view, where you could taste different fresh fish, local meat and handmade pasta.
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Nice location for a stop, to have a drink, a meal or some ice cream. You can enjoy a large terrace with view on the port and enjoy the sun. The prices are fair for what you receive on your plate. No complaints at all, we came twice on one day: enjoy a meal around noon and have some ice cream after a boat trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We bought a picnic for a boat trip from the restaurant. They did not give us the food on display. They wanted to get it 'fresh' from out the back. The food was clearly premade days before, it smelt and would have made us sick if we ate it.
We then spent the whole day on the boat without any food.
We complained to the restaurant but they were not interested and they pretended they did not understand what we were saying.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ordered the pasta with crabs and the pasta with mussels and clams. Both awful! The crabs were just halved - one had to work to get to the meat, but aside from that, imagine half a pack boiled Barillas with tomato sauce and McCormick crab seasoning. And it tasted awful; I could not eat but two forks. The mussels my boyfriend had were just boiled with water - no taste at all; just mushy and salty. And the coperto was €3 per person, which is a lot even by Italian standards. The view from there - just amazing; a huge parking lot with well, lots of cars. We told them the food is a total disaster and they seemed concerned about it, but don’t imagine they did anything about it; like discount or anything.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This place is at a parking space down by the harbor, and all you can see is; CARS. Well, thats not the biggest problem. The food is beyond average and I couldn´t finish my plate with sea food. It looked fine but didn't taste good at all. Dry, over cooked and not very tempting. My boyfriend ordered a pork steak, and it came with two slices of tomatoes and some salad leaves. The steak was hard and dry but he finished it. We ended up drinking the wine (which was really good) and went for a take away pizza!
The waitress was nice, actually very polite and welcoming. The restaurant it self looks okey, but dont expect the best food experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We sat down for a coke, a tonic water and 2 fruit salads (2 macedonia). In fact I wanted an Ice Cream but they couldn’t guarantee the glutenfree ( happy that they were honest about it) The 2 fruit salads were very simple and rather small. Fruit was probably cut in the morning. We payed almost 20,90 euro. Rather expensive! I guess half of the price was for the view...