“Super gourmet dinner”

Ranked #13 of 300 Restaurants in Trani
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Well-made dishes, rich aromas and flavors. Serving the sea and the land of national and international gastronomic delights to choose from at any time of the year. Of particular note the wide variety of fish cruso proposal selected from the top of the fish markets, through direct supplies that ensure the freshness and indisputable quality. Among the singing of the sea and the spirituality of Trani, The Lampare al Fortino is a perfect combination of simplicity and sophistication, a place that is renewed each season to amaze and enchant its guests by offering a traditional cuisine in a 'historic atmosphere with unique design elements.
Reviewed 21 September 2018

This restaurant was easily the food highlight of our trip to Apulia. I told the manager that the only thing missing was the Michelin stars! Great service and truly gourmet food. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

The views are wonderful. And the food is good quality. The sea urchins, crudo di mare and local cheese plate were all delicious. Other items on the menus used local produce with international touches.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We felt this beautiful seaside historic city needed a lunch break

Like most Puglian historic centres you need to move outside the main tourist locations to find the best restaurants and Trani is no different

The waterfront portside is full of row after row of touristic restaurants – the tell tale signs are the staff attempting to lure you and the menu board with pictures of the dishes and a billboard stating touristic menu

We managed to escape this promenade and decided to walk all the way around to entrance of port

What we discovered was a hidden gem – a very special and unique place.This restaurant was once a church and was built into the defence walls of the port entrance

It is unbelievably beautiful and historic and sometimes this type of restaurant can disappoint – but not so

Look it is not cheap but you get amazing food in an incredible setting

We had the freshest most tender and flavoursome grilled calamari on a bed of fava bens and a subtle peccorini cheese sauce

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This is a fabulous place to eat, the view is amazing and the hospitality is great . The staff make you feel extra special .
The food is excellent from the appetiser to the coffee .
A very special place .

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 24 July 2017

A stunning location, unbelievable food, professionalism top.

I went there with my family and fiancée as we wanted to chose this place among another 3 or 4 for our wedding. The way we were welcomed was awesome, the waiter that served us spoke very good English and all the other waiters were very professional. Now the food is really outside of this world, the best raw fish I have ever had, but the pasta's dishes we had were so tasty....I read the story of the current chef but also the owners, they are really top professionals and they really do care about their clients. I am stunned that they do not have a michelin start as yet, I would give them 3 not 1. There and then myself and my fiancée decided that this would be the place were we want to spend our marriage in 2018..

I can only imagine their restaurant in London where we live, there would be long queue and always full. Please let me know if you ever want to open a franchising ;-)..

Date of visit: June 2017