Royal Sonesta Boston(Cambridge)
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
Free cancellation until 24/07
USD 330
  • Breakfast included
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 280
USD 210
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 264/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 279
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Irving House at Harvard(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 292
USD 283
USD 262
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskfull size fridgekitchen areasofa bedkendall squaresmall kitchenmit campusfree breakfastan extended stayt stationan updateyogurtparking garageminute walkcorner roomlongfellow bridge
Reviewed 16 January 2018

This hotel was about as close to perfect as one could expect while on a business trip. The amenities were great -- the fitness center, pool and breakfast area were definite pluses. The room was comfortable and quiet, with furniture and kitchen appliances in good condition. The location was great, too. It was close to several really good restaurants, the MIT campus, and the Kendall T station. Service was exceptional as well. On the third night of my stay, my key reader on my room door stopped working, and someone was there to fix it in a matter of a couple minutes. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the area. They do everything right here!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

If you're visiting MIT, you can't get any closer.

But even if you're visiting Boston - this is a good choice. Just across the river (so walk-able if you have time - and next to the Kendall T stop or a short Uber ride if you don't). And you typically save a few $s over Boston hotels of similar quality.

It's a Marriott - so you know it will be clean and well maintained - and it's a Residence - so you get a fridge and a stove in your room - and breakfast is included.

They have an arrangement with the parking garage behind them - and will give you a pass (for a charge, of course) with in/out privileges - but note that they run out the passes (so if you want one - you'd be wise to call and ask them to set one aside). Alternatively, you can street park for free if you're planning to get your car by 8:00 AM (when the meters start) - or if it's Saturday night (no meters after 8:00 PM and not at all on Sundays).

Finally - you should try the brew-pub next door (Meadhall) - Great beer selection and you can have as many as you want and only have to walk half a block back to your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Raymond R
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We decided to make the Residence Inn our home away from home for a visit with family for Thanksgiving. Location is excellent, staff is pleasant, well furnished, comfortable and clean. If you are planning on using the kitchen facilities, be forewarned that only some units have ovens. This was a MAJOR issue for us, as we had planned to reheat Thanksgiving dinner and our unit had only a microwave and stovetop, despite the reservations clerk assuring us that all units are "full kitchens". The staff at the hotel did their best to fix the situation, allowing us to use an oven in another vacant unit. And they offered to allow us to move into the unit, but only after we'd already stayed a night and had unpacked. It worked out in the end, but not after a great deal of anxiety. One other thing...if you are traveling with a pet, the $150 fee is really much too high.

Stayed: November 2017
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear WahooHoward,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel to be your home away from home over the Thanksgiving holiday. I am very grateful for the time you took to write a review and provide valuable feedback. While your family enjoyed their stay overall, we have some opportunities that we can correct for the future.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion regarding the contents of the kitchen. You are correct that only our Two Bedroom Suites have ovens and I am glad to know that the staff was able to make accommodations for your needs. I will be sure to review our room description facts to ensure that all reservation channels have complete details so our guests can make an accurate and informed choice regarding the type of room booked.

In regards to the pet fee, I will also review our procedures and costs to ensure that the fee is reasonable. The fee is designed to cover costs associated with the deep clean that we perform after the guest departs and should not exceed these costs.

Your feedback is very valuable, as it truly helps us to make the necessary changes to ensure our guests have a memorable visit. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I was expecting more up to date furniture in this hotel. What I got is a room for disabled (I'm not) which had old furniture in the kitchen - looks very old and used up.

Bathroom is also not pleasant, it is hard to tell why (maybe the chair in the shower?). Sink near the bathroom also should be renovated, it looks like from 90-ties. Same for sofa and strange pillows on it.

The bed is suprisingly good.

I got 3rd floor room in the corner, which had absolutely no view (close parking buildon on one side, and the other window - an ugly roof of restaurant + building slightly farther away).

And top of that the room is cold, A/C turns on every few minutes to warm it up (I had to turn it off for the night because it is very laud).

Summing it all up, it might be a good hotel if you want to cook yourself dinner (full equipped kitchen) and don't mind the old looks of everything. But if you are more of a eat-out person, skip it, and go with a real Marriot almost next door.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are cold, take high level rooms for any view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear krzyk,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the furniture you encountered in your room. I have asked our Director of Engineering to address the condition of the furniture in the kitchen and the HVAC system.

In terms of décor and appearance, I have added your comments to our next room renovation planning template. This document is designed so that we can incorporate the feedback of our guests while improving the overall room product.

Thank you again for telling us about your visit. It is only through constant feedback that we are able to continually improve the overall stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I stayed here for two weeks for work in Cambridge! I had a wonderful stay - the staff are absolutely amazing so friendly! Big shout out to Joseph at reception, he's a legend!! Best front of house person I have ever met. Thanks for an awesome stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
RI-Cambridge-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Hannah-Rose F,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your extended work visit. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay.

The Hotel is very fortunate to have a group of talented hospitality professionals such as Joseph, and they take great pride in delivering memorable service. I will be certain to recognize Joseph for his exceptional friendliness at our all staff meeting this week.

I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back on a future visit to the area.

Kind regards,