All reviews club level harvard square great location lounge access harvard law school an older building taxi stand historic hotel restaurants and shops bit dated quiet location room was spacious ordered room service front desk staff minute walk would stay here again an upgrade
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel is lovely, with lots of character. Rooms are nicely appointed. Comfy bed. Good work space. Bar area was very nice. Staff were accommodating. Good value. I would stay here again. Short walk to Harvard, shops and restaurants.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The Good...
Good location. Impossible to park in the street - fortunately there is a lot next door for $31 a day. Bar/Restaurant is nice and bartender's friendly. Hotel manager offered ways to resolve problems.

The Bad...
Hotel staff is young and they act their age. Room next door had loud morons who came in and out at all hours of night screaming and laughing. Sounded like they were in my room. Had to share tiny elevator with dogs twice in two days.

The Ugly...
Thermostat not working evening 1 stuck on 71f. Sent maintenance who promptly came and changed batteries in thermostat which fixed problem. No hot water morning 1. Maintenance came and supposedly fixed it in the afternoon. I'm not sure what the problem was but I did have hot water on morning 2.

Room Tip: I would guess higher floors are better as gym is on 1st floor. Stay away from end rooms and rooms adjacent to ice machines.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Sheraton Commander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear easy-andy,

Thank you for your detailed feedback from your recent visit with us. I'm glad you liked our location. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations in a few areas. It's unfortunate you were disturbed by other guess and you had a problem with your hot water. I'm happy we were able to resolve the maintenance issues you experienced. Also, we are in the process of replacing our larger guest elevator. During this renovation, elevator service is not as efficient. We look forward to our new elevator coming back into service in February.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Easy walk to Harvard Square to experience Harvard, restaurants, shops as well as historic sites in the area. Breakfast in hotel was quite good and nice way to start the day in a relaxed setting. Bar and restaurant also had a nice crowd in the evening. Rooms are smaller but nice.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Commander for a 3 night business trip. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is conveniently located near Harvard Square with its many restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel was comfortable but the rooms were very dated and in desperate need of refurbishment. The heater in my room was a large, bulky unit attached to the wall underneath the window and was so noisy that I had to turn it off at night. My room also smelled strongly of smoke, despite the hotel’s no smoking policy. The meeting I attended was hosted at the hotel and the meals provided were excellent. Although the hotel didn’t seem up to Sheraton standards,I would stay here again if traveling for business.

Room Tip: If possible, choose a corner room as they are a little more spacious.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Sheraton Commander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Gvamac16a,

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback from your recent visit. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our location. I'm very sorry to hear you had a smell of smoke in your room. We are a non-smoking hotel and none of our rooms should have an unpleasant smell. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team and to the rest of my staff to make sure our guests respect our non-smoking policy.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cambridge.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect location. Presentable. Boring. Terrible room decor. Serviceable.
Very kind helpful
Staff. Breakfast is bountiful but soulless. Again, this is your choice for anything in the Cambridge neighborhood. Not cheap given its basic nature.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Sheraton Commander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Ritz1165,

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback from your stay with us. It's great to hear our location was perfect for your visit and that our service team was helpful. I'm sorry our room design did not resonate with you. Also, I have shared your feedback regarding our breakfast to our culinary team who always work to improve.

We hope you visit us again the next time you visit Cambridge.