“Very nice place to stay”

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. The front desk was exceptional, especially Mia. The hotel was clean and the location was convenient to all. The parking was expensive but normal for a large city. I would recommend not driving around but taking advantage of the shuttle service and public transportation. I rated it four stars instead of five because no property is perfect. The only reason for four stars was lack of wi-fi. There is Internet available for a fee.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Tac4289
Marketing M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I was especially happy to hear that Mia made your stay more enjoyable. She is an asset to our team and I will be sure to share your comments with her. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Cambridge on your next visit. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I often wonder why a hotel like this is given a four star rating as opposed to a three or a two. Maybe it is because it has a pool. Anyhow, The room was clean and comfortable, but no more so than in many hotels that I have stayed in. They gave us a room overlooking the Charles, and that was very enjoyable, especially since I used to live in Boston, and my wife says that the pool was nice. The staff that we encountered were pleasant.

On the down side, they charge for wireless access and the charge for parking was, IMHO, pretty high. It was easy to park on the street nearby, though we were there on a Saturday night and it might be different on a weekday. Public transportation is not close, but they have a shuttle. We did not eat in the restaurant, though we had morning coffee that I thought was OK and my wife praised it (I'm a bit of a coffee snob).

My rating of average should be weighted a bit toward above average. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PainterRob
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The location overlooking the Charles & Boston is wonderful. Dining room delightful. All staff was wonderfully helpful & friendly. And: Finally, Finally...a hotel with enough, conveniently located outlets for phone, computer, etc. chargers. No more figuring out whose phone has to go in the bathroom - no more crawling around under the desk or behind the bed. Thank you Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank libratech
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The staff wasn't the most responsive, but the place is clean and well taken care of. Plus there was a fat party here one of the night, which was a unique experience in my life.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I booked this hotel because we were visiting colleges. Our 1st night we were put in a room that was on a lowest floor. The wall paper was peeling, the TV did not work, it was extremely noisy (street traffic), the phone was not working and the bathroom was filthy. The manager could not move us so we spent a very sleepless night. This was a busy time for the hotel since we met other friends who were also there visiting colleges. The 2nd night we were moved to another room which was equally unbearable. On the 3rd night we were moved to the 10th floor and it was more quiet. The windows were very dirty. I would give this hotel another chance during a slower period. My suggestion is to avoid booking this hotel during school breaks. There simply was not adequate cleaning and repair/maintenance staff. The food in the restaurant was ok for breakfast but we found it to be quite expensive. We found lots of exciting places to eat outside the hotel. Generally speaking, we have been satisfied w/ Hyatt hotels, but this one was disappointing. We always reserved a space on the hotel shuttle instead of opting to drive. This is a great advantage, however, the shuttle was consistently late! We waited over 30 minutes each time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tripsing
StaceyNicholsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Thank you for your review and we are dissapointed that you did not enjoy your stay. I'm happy to hear that this won't pervent you from visiting us in the future and we look forward to impressing you during your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#12 of 84 in Boston

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston? Share your experiences!