All reviews free bagels fresh bagels queen suite panera bread ramen petite room fiji water subway station bus stop bigger room rooms are small fifth floor across the street priced hotel worked fine harvard square valet parking
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was in the city for one night and wanted a clean, safe place to lay my head. This hotel is super cute and it's small. I believe I read there were only 65 rooms total. There were 4 floors of rooms. It's conveniently located near the red line subway. The room was clean but very tiny! We had 2 twin beds which worked fine as I was with my dad, but we couldn't exactly pass by each other within the room! Someone had to sit down to best get to bathroom. My suitcase was fairly large and I had to leave it on the bed while I was rummaging through it. The bathroom has a pocket door, toilet and shower and while everything was clean, there wasn't much room. I'm not complaining as it worked for us. It was a quiet hotel and one I'd definitely stay in again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank abs1241
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is a new hotel with comparatively reasonable rates (for Cambridge-Boston). It is very well designed. It has a very young and personable staff. When it says "petite room"; it really means it!! The petite rooms are very, very small. There is not much room or move around and not much room to hang anything-4 hang res are provided. The bathroom is adequately sized--it is well designed as is the entire hotel. The restaurant is not yet opened, although there is a muffin and/or bagel and coffee or tea breakfast which is included in the price. The muffins and the coffee is actually very good--much better than most hotel-motel breakfasts. There is a good diner (Andy's) a few blocks north on Mass Ave and an adequate restaurant-bar just across the street (Christopher's). The subway is close by at Porter Square. And there is a discount for Harvard events (at least). The beds are twin and fine. The comforters need to be removed and eh temperature of the ventilation adjusted in order to slept comfortably.

Room tip: South side upper floors have a lovely view of Boston in the distance
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The room was small and clean. so small that there was no place to lay down the suitcase, and virtually no where to put clothes for two night stay. Coffee and muffins downstairs until their restaurant opens, and a coffeemaker in the room. Also iron/ironing board. Tiny bathroom with stall shower and no real place to put down stuff. Also NO SHOWERCAPS, which is a major issue for me.

The thermostat was very bright, and we had to hang a coat over it to get the room dark enough, similarly the phone was very bright and we covered it with a remote control.

It's very close to Tufts where our daughter attends. But I think we will head back to the Charles next time for the space and amenities (and more money)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was ideally located as we were visiting family in Lexington. We needed somewhere close to the train system so we could get around. Cambridge is nice and close to town. Good access to shops etc nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Modern and clean facilities. Good prices. Everything one expect in a hotel room is squized in a tiny room. Just next to Porter square with a subway station, buses, various shopes and restuarants.

Date of stay: December 2016