“Totally cool!”
Review of The Red House

The Red House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 690 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: USD 25 - USD 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: JFK Street and Eliot Street
Transit: "T" Red Line to Harvard Square
Description: The Red House specializes in locally-sourced, European & Mediterranean inspired cuisine. Our seasonally changing menus features a variety seafood, poultry, and pasta dishes, many of which are prepared with greens and vegetables from our organic farm in Winchendon, MA. In crafting the restaurant's menu, owner Paul Overgaag and executive chef Marc Plourde have chosen to bring fresh organic foods and locally produced ingredients to center stage. In addition to our main dining room and bar-area, the Red House also contains three intimate private dining rooms which can comfortably seat between 8 and 14 guests. Perfect for your next family or business gathering, each of our three private rooms features authentic period detail, with fireplaces and original wide pine floorboards and woodwork. Additionally, we are able to provide customized-set menus for private diners and events as needed.
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Setting was French or English country-kinda shabby chic. Menu limited but delicious & waitstaff pitch-perfect. Fireplace roaring fire & for some reason heat on high. For a late fall evening, way too hot & stuffy. I’d recommend patio dining in warm weather. Other patrons & our party of three happily able to dine & talk. Seating great & music. I’d like to return before holiday season upon us & enjoy!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We had a very good dinner here when we recently visited Boston to drop our daughter off at college. We ordered a bunch of small plates and 2 large plates of pasta. Mussels and fries were delicious and fries were perfectly cooked. Lobster carboara and crab vodka rigatoni were also delicious. Service was very good. We would definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Was looking for a place in Harvard Square that was not fast food or chain, but also not going to break the bank.
The menu had some interesting items, including my favorite duck, at affordable prices. Service was very attentive.
Just wished we had been able to get a table outside.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My husband & I had dinner here on a recent Saturday night. Though we wanted to sit outside, every table was filled, so we sat at the bar. The bartender was extremely busy but very attentive. We ordered a dozen of the $1 oysters, which were quite good but small - not sure where they came from. Normally, raw oysters come with separate cocktail sauce and horse radish; our meager supply of condiments came pre-mixed in a small paper cup. We order several small plates. The grilled oyster was excellent - very tender and not charred. We also enjoyed the mussels with frites, but there was very little broth to dip the mussels in. The baked Vermont goat cheese was superb - great mix of savory and sweet. We were also pleased by the beer selection, which includes a German Weissbier. We look forward to returning to this Harvard Square staple soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My parents and I walked around Harvard Square looking for a place to eat when we came across this little red house. We were able to sit outside. They gave us complimentary bread and beets to start. I’ve never had complimentary beets before, but they were good. We had the watermelon salad and hummus with kale chips to start. They were both amazing! I had the zucchini linguini as my main. It was so good! My dad loved his mussels too. My mom also enjoyed her lobster roll. Overall a great meal!