All reviews davis square main building hard boiled eggs canopy bed free parking victorian room expensive area tea coffee bed and breakfast chain hotel minute walk room was large home away from home convenient location cereal fireplace subway
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed here while visiting Tufts for parents weekend. The location is great for Tufts - its about a 20-25 minute easy walk. Davis Square and the subway to Boston are about 5-10 away. The hotel is clean and is decorated as you would expect for an old inn. (we had a canopy bed in our room) The only complaint was the size of the bathroom, which did not have enough room for all of our toiletries. (this is the nature of an older building). Breakfast and parking were both included.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed in the victorian room 203. The room was clean but the bed was horrible. Also, the shower had no water pressure and when I told the front desk they just took off the shower head and did not replace it. Also, the wifi was awful. It was very slow and spotty. The breakfast was average with typical store bought pastries and breads.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Received a warm, friendly welcome. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Free WiFi was good. Good selection at breakfast where you could help yourself. Just a 5 minute walk from Davis Square and the train into Boston.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

That's about all I can say about this inn. It was clean too. Other than that my friend and I had 3 pet peeves:
1. Horrible internet. We kept getting kicked out and I had to use cellular data
2. We were there 4 nights and the breakfast changed not 1 iota. I get that it's continental but you could put out some yogurt and granola or even meat and cheese for protein. Everyday a hard boiled egg got old.
3. The staff was not friendly or welcoming. Whenever we asked for a small service, like ice or local menus, they acted put out. I would even say at times argumentative.
So if you want a clean, relatively affordable inn, this could be your spot, but you won't go away wowed and i would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a very nice option to staying in the center of Boston at a chain hotel. It is conveniently located near the T, and in a great neighborhood in Cambridge. We stayed in the main house, in the front on the 2nd floor. There was a bit of noise from the street, but not too bad at all. The room was large, with a big closet, big desk and decent bathroom. As others have said, the breakfast is fine, in a nice old room, and the free parking is a bonus. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back in the future.

Room Tip: If street and traffic noise bothers you , ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family