All reviews english muffin below ground level victorian furniture harvard square quiet residential street street parking rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Lovely house, good-sized room, with distinctive antique mahogany Victorian furniture, updated with comfortable mattress and modern amenities. Nice view of park across the street. Friendly, informative welcome from David, who makes himself available if needed, but if not called upon, discreetly withdraws to allow guests privacy. David is clearly a very experienced host and has through all the practical details to make your stay easy and comfortable, from a clever breakfast ordering and delivery (to your room) system to well-chosen blinds to great directions for using (free) public transportation from the airport. Good location 10 minutes from Harvard Yard (and the T stop) in one direction, Inman Square in the other. If I have to identify an area for improvement, it would be the bedside lighting -- a little dim for reading. But there is a good reading light next to a comfortable couch.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Really enjoyed our stay; we'd definitely go back. Dave is very welcoming and informative, then he's great about letting you do your own thing, which we appreciated. Specifically, we stayed in the Cambridge Room and it was lovely. The location is very convenient and an easy walk to the rest of Cambridge (and it's immediately surrounded by cute neighborhoods).

If you're looking for frills, this may not be the place for you, but if you're looking for a charming, laid-back and comfortable place to stay in a great location at a fair price, this is the place. We look forward to going back sometime!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Location ideal. Welcome informative. Whole experience very impersonal. Breakfast unexciting. We went on to stay in quite a number of B&Bs in both the US and Canada, so we quickly came to realise what might normally be expected service-wise.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

This quaint bed-and-breakfast is in an excellent location for anyone visiting Harvard (or even MIT). Dave, the owner, is super-friendly, and will give you all sorts of tips on what's going on in the city. Dave also shared some of the local history which was extremely informative.

This is not really and bed-and-breakfast, although Dave DOES serve a continental breakfast to your room. What I really liked about it is that I could come and go as I pleased, and had a private entrance to my giant room. The bathroom and adjoining areas were very clean, and the space was perfect for me. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2016

My wife Nancy and I stayed at Parkside the first week in June. We arrived a bit late do to plane travel delays but were greeted warmly by David who took his time to show us our room and educate us on a few places to see and things to do. The room was great and our morning breakfast was wonderful; which helped to get us going for our 5 days of exploring Boston. We would stay at Parkside again and I'm sure your visit will be as enjoyable as ours.

Room Tip: If in dought please call and speak to David he will help you out.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple