“Coulda been a contendah! But are missing one key point - the food has to be done right.”
Review of Waypoint

Waypoint
Reserve with OpenTable
Waypoint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 671 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were very excited to get a nice table and fantastic waitperson on date night, a weeknight but the place was bustling with the hungry young Cambridge crowd. The wine recommendation was great and things got off to a great start. Then the food arrived - creative recipes and flavorings offered adventures for the palate... if not completely over-salted. We ordered one entree, and the rest were small plates to explore preparations and everything was overhwelmingly over-salted. I am not just talking "oh that's a little salty" but more like hours later, your mouth feels like a parched New England back road in February after the plow truck went by. It's really a shame because some of the preparations shoulda/coulda/woulda been delicious under all that salt, I think.
Oh and debone the skate wing, or serve it whole as an entree - breaking it up into small pieces fragments the cartilage rays and turns them into little spikes which impale your mouth on every bite. I even debone skate wing at home, it's not that hard.
I saw the dude at the server station taking bites off plates - maybe he should reject things that are over-salted. That would have been most of my orders. Our waitress was the highlight of the night, I felt bad that her service was compromised by the kitchen.

1  Thank J M

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a family birthday celebration per the birthday girls request . Menu choices are in my opinion limited , and I would not recommend for anyone who is a picky eater or children for that matter. Also most dishes are meant to be served family style. I had the salted shrimp (appetizer ). Good, but not worth bragging about. Also ordered the roasted root vegetables. Unusual , but tasty. Another member in our party had the snails. Said they were average and not as tasty as others they had tasted on other restaurants. The birthday girl did in fact enjoy her shrimp and snails, so I guess it was all worth it.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Delicious thoughtful food in unusual combinations. Lovely friendly service and comfortable atmosphere. And a comfortably quiet table despite a nearby large party. Well done Waypoint!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This place does the freshest $1 oysters I know of in Boston from 5-7pm every day and all day Sundays at the bar. Enough said.

Other dishes are also great. The clam pizza, uni bucatini, wood roasted char belly, and wood grilled monkfish are highlights.

Their cocktails are also pretty fabulous. I remember really liking the Forest Gold (whisky based drink).

Prices are reasonable but not exactly cheap. I would prepare to spend $40-$60 per person here for a meal.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We're on a roll.after last year's experience visiting a number of new Cambridge restaurants that didn't quite measure up to their billing, Waypoint is the second eatery this year in Cambridge that really is worth a second trip..We had an absolutely top-shelf meal throughout every course, but what's really worth mentioning was the service... Unlike a number of other new restaurants, there was no faux fawning by the waitstaff..Nor were we questioned every two minutes how we liked the food. What we did have in addition to the noticeable team effort was the waitress of the decade whose culinary and oenological knowledge and grace left a wonderful memory...A great big shout to this young waitperson who hails from Syracuse via Washington D.C.