All reviews trader joes courtyard marriott charles river whole foods typical courtyard front desk harvard square grab and go shuttle service memorial drive central station rite aid dunkin donuts harvard business school floor overlooking staff was friendly and helpful hotel shuttle
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I would have rated this hotel Excellent except for this experience: At 12:40 am a loud announcement came through the phone (without picking up the receiver) that we needed to evacuate our room. We saw two fire trucks coming. It was 4 degrees above zero in January, so we bundled up before walking down 16 flights of stairs. There wasn't a fire; a pipe in the fire suppression system had burst and set off the alarm. We stayed in the lobby about 45 minutes before going back to our room. The lobby had about 1/2" of water almost all over it, but was cleaned up by the next morning.
Other than that, we had a lovely stay. The room was spacious and clean, and it's located right next to a Trader Joe's. I walked over and got food which I heated in the microwave in the Pantry in the Lobby, and we were good to go! Parking is $39/night.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Helen7115
Lindsey S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Helen.

We're glad you appreciated our spacious rooms and convenient location, but we're disappointed that your stay with us was less than ideal. We regret the inconveniences you faced with the fire alarm. We will address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We hope to have you stay with us again so we can share a more positive experience with you.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Do not stay in room 414. I was here from 1/08/18-1/11/18. There is a constant rattling on the wall from one of the external ventilation ducts. It's a constant and continuous Rap-rap-rap,rap, rap-rap. Like a machine gun. It never stops.

My first mornings shower was good, my second morning, the water was only lukewarm. Not quite the Courtyard experience I'm used too. You will also be billed $39 per day for parking! $39 for the privilege of parking a car in the hotel parking lot? That's just insane. I recommend parking in the shopping center behind the hotel for free and walking a few feet to the hotel.

Breakfast is not included, but be prepared to bring your banker with you. I grabbed a fruit parfait and orange juice and it came to $10 and change. I later found out the 8 ounce parfait is priced close to $7.00! I can get the same thing at McDonald's for around $2.00.

On the plus side, the room was nice (except for the rattling) and had plenty of outlets with USB ports built in. Would I stay here again? Probably not. Overall, it was only an ok experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 414 unless you like to hear a constant rattling noise inside the wall.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank timkay2
Lindsey S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

We appreciate your feedback, Tim.

We're disheartened that your time with us was less than ideal. We regret that our service failed to meet your expectations. We will be sure to alert the appropriate members of our team to rectify these issues. We care deeply about our guests and want to provide the best service possible. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

We hope you give us another chance to host you soon so we can share a more positive experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I don’t typically give reviews, but I had an awful experience here. After coming home from a long day of apartment hunting, we were looking for a place to eat. It was then when we were notified that the hotel restaurant was temporarily closed due to frozen pipes. We should have been notified that such an important amenity of the hotel was unavailable when I booked my room at the front desk earlier that day. Additionally, we were treated so poorly by the two people covering the front desk (Sandra, who was claiming to be a manager even though we were told she wasn't the next morning, and Zach). Both people were beyond rude to me and my father and Sandra's exact words to us were "Are you going to go back to your room or should I have you removed from the hotel?" I have never been or seen my father so disrespected in my life. It was no way to treat someone in any business, let alone a hospitality business.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bmonaco11
Lindsey S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We're deeply disappointed to hear that your experience was tarnished by your interactions with some members of our team. Please know that we are dedicated to providing only the most attentive and courteous service to each individual staying in our hotel so we'll be sure to discuss your concerns moving forward. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope you'll give us another opportunity to host you in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We had a good stay at this hotel.
Zach at reception was knowledgeable and very helpful.
Room was clean and comfortable and the Hotel is situated in a good location near some stores such as Trader Joes and whole foods.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Lindsey S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thanks for the excellent review, KABBANG!

We're delighted your time with us was so outstanding as providing our guests with an excellent experience is very important to us. It's fantastic you appreciated our attentive staff and prime location as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. That's what we like to see! We look forward to hosting you again soon for another stellar experience.

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Driving to Cambridge was brutal due to the weather this past weekend. However, meeting Sandra and Zach at the front desk has definitely lightened up my mood. They were so helpful and charming. It so happened to be customer appreciation month, so we did feel very much appreciated with complimentary breakfast and water for our stay. Our room was on the highest floor, 16, with a nice view of Cambridge and the lake. Will definitely come back to this hotel. Thank you Sandra and Zach for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mon0lita
Lindsey S, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're delighted your experience with us was so wonderful! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed during their time with us. It's fantastic our team could accommodate your needs and assist you in any way possible. We aim to please and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon! Have a lovely day!