All reviews alewife station office park european style bird sanctuary sleek design european breakfast square toilet pay close attention saltwater pool front desk rain shower areas for improvement opportunity arises the bar lounge area parking situation self parking marriott brand
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Booked at an AC by Marriott property for the first time while visiting Boston area.
Was attracted by price point, online overview & location by T station.

Hotel is new, <1yr, and is in pristine condition. Common spaces & rooms are designed with a level of thoughtfulness that is apparent everywhere you look.
Stylish, modern, quiet & comfortable with up-to-date amenities everywhere...even a saltwater pool - nice touch!
Amazing quality breakfast with options that are on par with high-end luxury hotels. Not usually impressed with value per $ of hotel meals but this was delicious & astonishing for a hotel breakfast buffet!

Equally Impressive though was how polished, professional, efficient & friendly the service was - almost universally.
One exception was the valet who was repeatedly confrontational & with shouted inquiries about where people self-parked whenever entering the hotel, even when returning by transit!! Assuming there's some issues with guests using unauthorized area parking or valet was bucking for a tip. Either way, was like running the gauntlet every time. Rude, awkward exchanges that were completely unexpected/inexcusable.

Despite the notable exception, will definitely return here & lean towards staying in other AC properties when the opportunity arises.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and the staff were FANTASTIC. Yes, all caps! They even gave us a bottle of champagne! Staff were all awesome especially Kevin and Zach. I've stay at a lot of 5 star hotels and this experience was better than most. 2 thumbs up on the service!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I'm staying in Cambridge for a couple of nights at the AC Hotel by Marriott. They've been open since October 2016. Immediately upon arrival, the first thing we noticed is that the Staff is highly attentive, engaging and all about making us feel welcome and comfortable. Latisha the evening manager is awesome. She's funny and helpful and through the first hour and half as we checked in and had a drink at the bar, we watch her hustle to keep her customers happy - she helped with luggage, she helped check in, answer questions, serve food from the kitchen. She's impressive. Matt at the bar was also great and this morning, the breakfast room staff was just as helpful and engaging. The breakfast is also not your ordinary buffet - the buffet is high end and they also have cook to order specials.

Good job Marriott and this new AC Hotel line (at least new for me) is modern and comfortable.

Laura from New Hope, PA

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for a conference at Lesley University. The end of the red line is a short walk through a park from the hotel. Service was great. I recommend the rate that includes breakfast. The breakfast was delightful. There's quiche, organic oatmeal, chia parfaits, and a variety of European style meats, cheeses, and breads each morning. Couldn't have been a better stop for our group.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Recently stayed at this hotel for 6 nights on a business trip. Rooms are very nice and wifi speed is excellent. Just few mins walk to Alewife parking station/T-station. My client's office is just 10 mins walk from the hotel. So i avoided renting a car. And walking to Alewife station thru' bird sanctuary is refreshing.

I was able to do breakfast at hotel only couple of times during my stay. Both the times, i felt, none of the staff want to pay any attention to me except for giving the bill. I could see staff/servers happily interacting with other guests. i really felt they are giving service based on skin colour or ethnicity. Except for this hotel, i never had similar experience anywhere else in the US.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank GlobalRK
ColwenHotels-MGMT, Manager at AC Hotel Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize profusely for our lackluster performance at breakfast. Every team member here strives to make service to all of our guests a top priority. In doing so, we understand that in our line of duty, we must cater to & assist a multitude of people & personalities of various backgrounds & cultures. Please trust me when I say that we all perform to the best of our abilities regardless of which race, nationality or gender we happen to encounter. All of our guests are of the highest importance. Please accept my deepest apologies for your experience with us & know that whatever behaviors you perceived at the time you dined with us were done so in complete error resulting as an unintentional lapse in service, not the result of any bias. Please accept my invitation to a breakfast on us so we can show you how dedicated we are to each & everyone our guest’s experience.

Zac Our