“Excellent meal!”

Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We went to Restaurant Mika because it was highly recommended by a local who told us people drive the 65 miles from Reykjavik just to eat dinner here. I now know why!

Having started as a custom chocolate maker, the owners expanded their business to open this wonderful restaurant. The Langoustine soup was rich and delicious, a meal in itself. I also had the fried lagoustine small plate and the hot chocolate both of which were delicious. Too full to sample the chocolates, we got a small box to go. Looking forward to trying the tomorrow.

My husband is allergic to gluten and, while much on the menu had wheat, they were able to accommodate his allergy.

If you are in the greater Fludir area, this is the place to go. You won’t be sorry.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We had their lobster salad, with white chocolate chilli sauce. Very special and good taste, although I am not much for sweet with lobster, but I did get the appeal. The dish was quite plain, and I didn't find they overdid it on the lobster, but it did taste good.
Service was great and quick, there were not many people there in the afternoon. Servers were very friendly, and the place has a very nice atmosphere. It was expensive for not more to eat, I would have liked a little more. But this is did not affect my experience negatively.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch mid week while making the golden Circle tour. Everything we tried was delicious! The flat breads for appetizers were excellent! Our group had the fish of the day, a pizza, the langoustine and the shrimp pasta. Everyone loved their dish except my friend with the shrimp pasta. She was more than full from the flat bread appetizers but they offered to make her another meal (she declined) and then took the pasta off. Very nice and unexpected! All and all this was a fabulous stop in and I highly recommend.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

4 friends ordered seafood pasta, fish of the day, lobster soup, beef tips. All excellent. The bread was incredible as well.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Iceland has a lot of small towns and man6 of them have neat places to eat. This is one. While traveling around Selfoss we came upon this restaurant and it was very enjoyable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great pizza and they have home made chocolate truffles. In Iceland you never have to wait for your server to bring you your bill. You just go to the register and tell them what your part of the bill is, everything is on the computer and you can divid3 the bill anyway you like

Date of visit: August 2018