“For faste food Chinese it's very good”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #201 of 500 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Have won Springfields best for many years. They try to keep it clean which I think helps. The Sesame Chicken and Gung Bo Chicken Spicy are my favorites. Oh, and the cheese wontons are delicious! Similar to crab rangoons but better.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered Four Seasons and Happy Family. The menu on phone book stated egg rolls and pork fried rice were included in dinners. Our had neither. Plus I asked for red sauce and was told it was 50 cents extra. We paid $24 for our two dinners already no extras. The food was bland, no sauce much of it, seafood strong. Threw out most of it

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

China Star Restaurant in Springfield has the best Chinese food. It tastes great and always cooked perfectly. I live on the other side of town and it worth the trip. The General Tso chicken is good. The egg rolls here are very good. So, if you are looking for some excellent Chinese food, make sure to visit China Star.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Coming from chicago...I've probably tasted some of the best chinese food in the Midwest. So, when I say its good chinese...its Good Chinese. China Star has good food. I usually order chkn and broccoli...or tomato pepper ckkn...but Ive had most of the dishes. The beef and broccoli...egg foo young...chop suey...its the real deal. Very consistent with the orders too...same taste every time. The lunch special is 5.50 plus tax... comes with a dish of your choice and fried rice. The fried rice is usually yellow...so I ask for it extra brown and its just like chicago. I only dined in once...its kinda small, but very effective with service, when you phone ahead. Its always crowded for lunch...and the plates are big and will require a... to go box for sure. If you want some good chinese food...in springfield,IL... China Star is where you go. And try to make it for that lunch special(11 to 3pm)...after that, the prices go up and can get kinda expensive. However, its worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

This is the best chinese in springfield...hands down. The lunch special is great!!! Not really into yellow fried rice....so I order extra brown rice and its perfect. Im from chicago...so I've had some of the best asian cuisine...and this is good eating.