“Definitely the Best in Springfield,IL....hands down! Cause Ive tasted them all”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #199 of 503 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Coming from chicago...I've probably tasted some of the best chinese food in the Midwest. So, when I say its good chinese...its Good Chinese. China Star has good food. I usually order chkn and broccoli...or tomato pepper ckkn...but Ive had most of the dishes. The beef and broccoli...egg foo young...chop suey...its the real deal. Very consistent with the orders too...same taste every time. The lunch special is 5.50 plus tax... comes with a dish of your choice and fried rice. The fried rice is usually yellow...so I ask for it extra brown and its just like chicago. I only dined in once...its kinda small, but very effective with service, when you phone ahead. Its always crowded for lunch...and the plates are big and will require a... to go box for sure. If you want some good chinese food...in springfield,IL... China Star is where you go. And try to make it for that lunch special(11 to 3pm)...after that, the prices go up and can get kinda expensive. However, its worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

This is the best chinese in springfield...hands down. The lunch special is great!!! Not really into yellow fried rice....so I order extra brown rice and its perfect. Im from chicago...so I've had some of the best asian cuisine...and this is good eating.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I've been dining at China Star since they opened and I have not once been disappointed in what has to be a twelve or more year run. The food may be the best Chinese in town, I'll admit I haven't tried every place. They have a full menu with just about anything you might think of when it comes to Chinese good. We are particularly fond of the tried and true go to meals like orange, sesame or General Tso's chicken. Their fried rice is excellent. The portions are large. In our experiences the best bang for your buck maybe their lunch specials. You get a sizeable amount of grub for something $5.35 + tax. Dine in or carry out, you can't go wrong. Did I mention it was fast too? Call your lunch in and have it in ten minutes, they don't mess around.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

To be honest, I thought China Star was another typical Chinese food place stuck in a corner of a strip mall. However, when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised! First, the lunch menu is $5.35 for very big portions and everything I have tried has been the best Chinese I've eaten in Springfield. The sauces and flavor is delicious. You can also tell them to make your order extra spicy. They have extremely fast service and a great online ordering set up.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

This resteraunt provides great food and great service at very fair prices! We were tourists in the area and we're very fortunate to find such a fantastic place to have a great home cooked Chinese meal in Springfield.