“One of favorite go to places for lunch.”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #199 of 503 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I've been dining at China Star since they opened and I have not once been disappointed in what has to be a twelve or more year run. The food may be the best Chinese in town, I'll admit I haven't tried every place. They have a full menu with just about anything you might think of when it comes to Chinese good. We are particularly fond of the tried and true go to meals like orange, sesame or General Tso's chicken. Their fried rice is excellent. The portions are large. In our experiences the best bang for your buck maybe their lunch specials. You get a sizeable amount of grub for something $5.35 + tax. Dine in or carry out, you can't go wrong. Did I mention it was fast too? Call your lunch in and have it in ten minutes, they don't mess around.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

To be honest, I thought China Star was another typical Chinese food place stuck in a corner of a strip mall. However, when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised! First, the lunch menu is $5.35 for very big portions and everything I have tried has been the best Chinese I've eaten in Springfield. The sauces and flavor is delicious. You can also tell them to make your order extra spicy. They have extremely fast service and a great online ordering set up.

Reviewed 14 December 2014

This resteraunt provides great food and great service at very fair prices! We were tourists in the area and we're very fortunate to find such a fantastic place to have a great home cooked Chinese meal in Springfield.

Reviewed 13 November 2014

Good food. Very tasty dishes. A few tables, but their big business is carry out. Free hot tea while you wait.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Tried this place by chance and enjoyed the food very much. It is one of the only places in Springfield where they haven't taken a bunch of American food and poured sweet and sour sauce over it. It appears this is more of a carryout place but there is limited seating which compares to most fast food restaurants. If you order to eat in, the food is prepared quickly because there are a ton of carryouts going out the door. It doesn't appear that any food is pre-cooked and kept warm waiting for the order to be made. I don't put much stock in Springfield food inspection grades, you are either in or out when it comes to this town. Places that look clean probably are and stay out of the ones where you see dirt. I would give a the Springfield food inspection process a no confidence vote. There is a lot of food carried out the doors and if there were a problem this would not be. You will have to go to St. Louis to beat the Chinnese food served here.