“Eat there frequently”

Charlie Parker's Diner
Ranked #4 of 499 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 1950's themed diner serving American cuisine. Famous for our breakfast Horseshoe and 16" pancake.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food is always great, plentiful. Prices reasonable, service great. Usually a wait at prime times but not long.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We ate here for breakfast this past weekend. Even though the restaurant was totally packed with other customers we were seated and served very quickly. All 3 in our party had the 'breakfast horseshoe' and it was delicious. I do suggest that unless you can really put some good away that you share this breakfast item or order the smaller version the 'ponyshoe'. Overall the food was delicious, the service was fast and friendly and the price was very reasonable. Enjoy!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My SIL wants to go here whenever she's back in town so we meet up there. It's good food for a good price. The drawbacks are that it's a tight fit and a VERY long wait on the weekends.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Use your GPS to find this place. It is a Quonset building. Fun place, great decor, throwback diner, good food, and a memorable place to stop and have breakfast or lunch.
Closes at 2 pm!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Short wait, despite a line of people. My husband ordered a breakfast-shoe. He said it was phenomenal. I had a plain waffle and bacon, orange juice and decaf coffee. The decaf was freshly made, the waffle was delicious, and I had to send my bacon back because I ordered it extra crispy, and it came out rubbery. I sent it back, only to be told they had to deep fry it to get it crispy. It came back like crumbly carbon. Sorry, I don't like half cooked bacon, nor do I like a plate of bacon cooked to ashes. Just because I sent it back because it wasn't how I ordered it, doesn't mean I should get it back as crumbled ashes. Not cool, nor funny. We won't be back. There are plenty of other restaurants that serve an excellent breakfast, without having to send it back, or get it back totally destroyed and inedible. Bad move, and bad service, and attitude from waitress when I asked for it to be crisp, not rubbery. I wasn't rude about it like some patrons can be. I asked nicely and got attitude.