“Overrated but historic”
Review of Maid-Rite

Maid-Rite
Ranked #103 of 498 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Went there often when I was in high school because the food was better than the cafeteria stuff. No more. High prices for not very tasty stuff. Coasting on its spoy in history as the Oldest Drive Through in the nation.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Sat at the counter. Ate 2 juicy, flavorful loose meat burgers. Combine this with a generous helping of fresh fries and a homemade root beer float. Simple and satisfying. If you’re like me and hadn’t been by in a while, you should return. If you’re visiting, you should make it a point to stop by and have a seat. It’s a great place for a lunch amidst historic downtown Springfield sites.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My daughter, who lived in Springfield for four years, couldn't believe she hadn't taken me to Maid-Rite before! After eating there on our way out of town, I couldn't believe she hadn't taken me there either! The loose meat sandwiches are unique and oh-so tasty! I loved the seasoning and Maid-Rite's own special mustard! We had ours with fries and Root Beer floats. Delicous! As the server was making our floats, she said, "The root beer is kind of foamy, so if there's not enough in there, come back and I'll give you some more," which we did, and she did! We saw some other diners having Maid-Rite horseshoes, which looked really good; but we had to have our Made-Rite sandwiches! The restaurant itself should never change its appearance or decor because it is iconic! It's the home of the "First and Fastest Drive-Thru in the Nation" since 1924. A visit here is definitely something to check off your bucket list!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Found out about the Maid Rite from the Springfield tourism guide and looked it up.

I had HEARD about loose meat sandwiches, but had never had one.

I was NOT disappointed!

Perfectly seasoned, nice and hot, filling! A GREAT lunch!!!

I had the special of two Maid Rite's and fries. My wife and daughter each had the Maid Rite Horseshoe.

I shoulda had the Horseshoe, too!!! I wound up eating half of my daughter's. She couldn't polish it off, it was so big!

Their homemade root beer was tasty, too!

DEFINITELY going back to Maid Rite next time we're in Capital City!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This wonderful place has been around since I went to Springfield High school - many years ago! Still just as good as I remember. Great food and service.