“Excellent Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017

There is a reason Saputo’s is number one, and Gabatoni’s is number two with Springfield Trip Advisor Italian Cuisine. I have eaten Gabatoni’s pizza more times than I can count because it is the best pizza in Springfield. I ordered pizza from Saputo’s on a Saturday evening. I was impressed with the quality. It was as good as a pizza from Gabatoni’s. I am sure if you have been to Saputo’s…..you know Shirley that works there. She is an icon who has been with Saputo’s for several decades. She is a treat.

I do have one complaint about Saputo’s. They gouge you on their price for a domestic bottle of beer. $3.75 for a domestic bottle of beer is absurd. $3.75 is not a fair price to pay for a domestic bottle of beer in Springfield, IL. It might be the highest priced domestic bottle of beer in Springfield. For that reason, I will go back to Gabatoni’s, and buy a $2.50 domestic bottle of beer.

Saputo's is a locally owned restaurant......eat local!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Saputo's was very good overall. They serve traditional Italian cuisine and are apparently a Springfield treasure. I found the food very good even comparable to food from The Hill in St. Louis. Our server was somewhat unrefined but got the job done. Recommended.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We were invited for dinner by family for a family gathering. Food was great. I had salmon with fettuccine Alfredo. Very tasty. Salad was fresh and service excellent and friendly.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

My extended family and I visited Springfield recently. I made reservations at Saputo’s for 23 people on a Fri night. They were so wonderful about finding room for us all. If you’ve ever booked a large group you know that good service can sometimes be difficult. The ladies who waited on our tables did an outstanding job. All the orders were correct. Appetizers, salads and main courses brought out in a timely manner. Beverages and bread baskets refreshed. The service was exceptional!! The food equaled the service. Everyone raved about their meal. Pasta was hot, everything was delicious and we all walked away full and completely satisfied. All the years I’ve been visiting Springfield and this was my first visit to Saputo’s. It won’t be my last. There’s no question why this family owned restaurant had been serving great food since 1948!! Thank you!!

1  Thank BrianZ_STL
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We read the reviews and found them to be very mixed, but we decided to give it a try. If you are looking for a typical chain Italian restaurant, you may not enjoy this venue. If you are looking for a traditional Italian restaurant, you’ll love this spot. The service was fine and the food was outstanding. My wife and in both found our meals to be delicious. The portions were large. In fact, we are looking forward to enjoying an encore for lunch tomorrow.

1  Thank Ronald H