“Very nice ambience, good food, friendly maitre 'd and server”

Augie's Front Burner
Reserve with OpenTable
Augie's Front Burner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 499 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E Washington St
Description: Augie’s Front Burner is a locally owned, owner operated dining establishment that has served the Springfield area since 1997. Owner August Mrozowski is committed to offering all of his guests an exceptional, casual yet elegant, dining experience. A proud supporter of local businesses and local farmers, Augie’s Front Burner also offers catering for parties and special events.August Mrozowski, owner and chef of Augie’s Front Burner, started his culinary career in Springfield at the age of 13. Following in his father’s footsteps, he developed a passion for the culinary arts and worked at the Cafe L'Europe in Sarasota Florida for 19 years. In 1992, August opened his own restaurant, and in 1997 he returned home where he opened Augie’s Front Burner in Springfield. Augie’s overriding desire is to present his guests with the freshest and most interesting products available on the market. A strong supporter of other local businesses, Augie can be spotted weekly in the local farmers’ markets; he makes a point of knowing the best seasonal items that are available and creates his menus around those products. August’s creative flair can clearly be seen when it comes to his food presentation. He believes that fine dining is a multi-sensory experience, and he ensures that each plate is constructed and garnished beautifully so that when it arrives at the table, diner’s are ready to take in a flavorful, texture-filled culinary delight.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Quite enough to talk
The pear/pecan salad was very good. The black bean cakes were excellent!! And the salmon was very good.

This is a complaint we have of many restaurants now, not just the chain variety: the wait staff wants to clear the table, even when we're not finished...if we just pause in our eating for a moment, they want to take our dishes away. What's up?

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Lobster Bisque was great. As was the rest of the meal.
Really good steakes. Garlic mashed potatoes were good, but had lots of garlic in them. Home made peach drinks with wine or bourbon. This was also good. Very nice wait staff and vary helpful.

AFBDDY, Owner at Augie's Front Burner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for the nice reply. We appreciate all the comments and I will share them with the rest of the my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to reply and we hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Extensive wine list and sophisticated entrees here in the heartland surprised and pleased us here. Well worth a visit

Thank you for the review. Augie's Front Burner has been working on it's wine list for years and appricate your comments on it as well as the entrees. Thank you again and we hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and dinners if clean plates are any indication. I had the whipped goat cheese app which was very good. I wanted to try something new so I had the pork cheeks, which I liked a lot! Very tasty. The veggies and potatoes were fine, nothing special. Also had the poached pear salad and the apple crisp dessert. Everything was very fresh and flavorful and interesting.

AFBDDY, Manager at Augie's Front Burner, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for the reply. We had just changed our menu on Friday to include the new seasonal item. We are glad that came to Augie's for Dinner and hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Nothing at all to brag about for ambiance but that is more than made up for in the food. I had the half duck and it was really good.
I overheard a server named Tyler doing an excellent job of guiding a couple through the menu, the wine list and everything. My server was quite neutral. He gave me the specials but did not include the featured drinks. Perhaps it's because he got stuck with the single diner who typically gets stuck in a corner toward the back. Yup. Again. On the upside, the drink I had, a peach thing, was great. Would I go again? Yes, only this time I would probably fuss if they tried to stick me in a corner again. The menu is upscale without being weird. Make a res. This place is popular.