“Anniversary Dinner”

Maldaner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maldaner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 501 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Monroe
Description: In business since 1884, Maldaner's Restaurant is a professional quality Restaurant. We specialize in fine casual dining, historic downtown, casual lunch, Springfield's finest, farm to table, outside dining, history comes alive, oldest restaurant in Springfield, Rt. 66, one of oldest restaurants in IL, locally owned, environmentally friendly (solar), community involved, banquets and catering, take out and to-go, easy parking access, fine dining, catering, catering in Springfield, banquets, and more. We work as a family and a team to better serve your needs and provide a quality product and service that we are proud of. For more information, call or click today.
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I have wanted to try Maldaner's for quite awhile. I had been there as a child, so my husband and I decided to celebrate our 36th anniversary there. I was disappointed when I walked in and found the restaurant to be hot and stuffy, even musty or old smelling. Because it was a beautiful evening, my husband and I ate outside, along a busy downtown street. The noise from the cars took some adjustment, but it was breezy and comfortable, so we settled in for a nice time. The service and the food was excellent. We both order the small filet, which was very tender and cooked to our liking. We shared a bread pudding for dessert, especially good because it did not have raisins. Although the ambiance wasn't what I had hoped for, we had a great meal and a good time.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

If you are tired of fast food, or chains, this white tablecloth restaurant is a nice change of pace. Our food was delicious, the service was good and the price was reasonable. Do make a reservation on a weekend.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

the bacon is delicious on the club sandwich and the BLT salad. great restaurant in downtown Springfield. A little worrisome eating outside close to the road thinking of terrorism but otherwise it's a great restaurant, location, service and food!

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Outstanding professional staff

Food quality excellent

Fresh salad greens, homemade dressings

Today's catch freshness of salmon

Lamb tender and tasty

Steak cooked to perfection, and generous quantity

Wide varying home-made desserts, however we were unable to eat after the salad and entrees

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The quality is erratic. The items the chef grows on the roof are first cabin, but the meat is normally a disappointment. While this is certainly American food, much of it is far from normal American food.

1  Thank Ken R