“Good dinner stop”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Cotton Hill Road
Transit: Springfield Public Transit District provides bus service within a 1/2 block of our location at the corner of Toronto Road and East Lake Shore Drive.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We were in Springfield and were looking for a place off I-55 before we went home. Found this on the Trip Advisor web site. Nice atmosphere. We ate in the dining room area but did walk through the bar which looks nice to the restrooms. The restrooms were clean. I also saw a private gaming room behind the bar. The people eating here were senior citizens, young couples, and families. Several diners seemed to know the staff, which tells me they are repeat customers. The service was prompt, the manager came by and checked on us too. My wife had the turkey bacon wrap and at first bite said how good it was. I had the Buffalo Horseshoe which was good, but not the type of buffalo seasoning I prefer, I should have ordered one of the other choices. The fries and cheese sauce was very good however. We would eat here again if the time arises.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Walked in right at 11 when they opened. I set at the bar since I was by myself just traveling through to Chicago. I was greeted immediately and my drink was served. I asked what the specialties were and she went through those items on the menu. I went with the stuffed meat loaf.

I started with the Caesar salad, it had a heavy portion of parmesan cheese. More of the standard shaker, definitely not freshly graded. But still a good salad. Then the entree came out. It came with mashed potatoes as green beans. The green beans were cooked with actual bacon, thin cut and a pretty good amount of it. Also with onions. I was presently surprised that I felt like it was thanksgiving dinner. The green beans were that good. The cheese stuffing in the meat loaf was a mix of Gouda cheese and white cheddar and the meat loaf was wrapped in ..... bacon !

Overall a great find for the start of a business trip.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We and our friends went to lake pointe Sunday night and had a great meal and the service was prompt as it could be. The wood fired pizza, the meatloaf dinner were all great.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were happy we made a reservation as this is a popular place and we soon learned why. There were twelve of us . All connected to Springfield, but residing in other states. The mini family reunion was enhanced by a favorable eve together where each of us enjoyed the food, setting and service. We ordered the steak, mushroom pizzas,stuffed meatloaf, chicken salad, beef brisket sandwich, kid's chicken fingers, beers and wines. Yum! Will return next trip back home!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere. Enjoyed the food. Super service. Stopped by with friends to celebrate a birthday. Wide selection

Date of visit: June 2018