Hraunsnef Sveitahotel
Hotel Bifrost(Bifrost)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscountry hotelring roadhot tubworking farmfarm animalslambnorthern lightsheading northblueberry saucefriendly dogsexcellent restaurantsmall waterfallhamburgerlong drivegreat lunchstayed for one nightlocal beer
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Wonderful place!! Very welcoming and helpful staff, stunning location and views, comfy room and nice furnishings. Our accommodation was one of about 8 rooms, all with bathroom and wifi, set on a quiet farm. There are two quiet hot tubs on the hillside next to the accommodation. Food was gorgeous, probably the best burger ever eaten with meat fresh from the farm! Northern lights came out on the second night, bonus!! We highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This is is not just a hotel. This is a full on Icelandic farmhouse experience. We stayed here on the second night of our nine day adventure here in Iceland. From the hosts, to the cozy farm rooms, to the food, this place is awesome. Want to take selfies with an Icelandic sheep? Check. Want to eat ultra fresh farm to table Icelandic cuisine? Check. Want to hot tub in the countryside of Iceland? Check. If you want a real Icelandic countryside experience, stay at Hraunsnef. It has so far been the highlight of our trip.

Also, there is a really friendly dog who comes and greets you. We parked and went to go say hi to the cows and the dog came over to hang out. There's also a cat that tried to follow us into our room. We didn't let it in because it's paws were a little dirty. Felt bad though, as it camped outside our room for a few minutes. We watched it from the window. You can "bahhh" at the sheep and they "bahhh" back. One of the cows are really friendly and will lick your face if you get too close. My gf refused to kiss me after. I heard there was a horse on the farm too, but I didn't get to meet it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mChang88
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

In the middle of a four hour drive we decided to stop at the next place we saw for a snack, and were very glad we did.

We did not use or see the hotel from the inside but can vouch for the restaurant which was immaculate and served first class food. The decor is a credit to whomever the interior designer is and it shows great flare that one perhaps would (unfairly) not expect in such a wild and remote location.

A fortuitous find for two weary travellers.

(Please note, this is Hraunsef Sveita Hotel, which is adjacent to the main N1 road and not as indicated on Trip Advisor's map icon, which shows it higher in the hills)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

staff friendly. Looks like hotel just a had major redo . And looks great. kind of "Icelandic chic" (I made that up, but works). Two very nice hot tubs, a yellow lab, and kitties all add to the mix to make the hotel charming. But, here is our experience, the place is lit up and if there are Northern lights, you will (I think) have a hard time viewing at first. Also this is the only hotel that the "black out curtains" were not sufficient to make the room dark. I think we were in Rm 27, each curtain needed one more panel added and that would do the trick. I would have given my rating excellent but for the light issues.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed here for two days recently with my boyfriend and was absolutely amazed with everything from the service, amenities, location and food. After a long drive the first day we were greeted by friendly and attentive staff that showed us to our room. The room had an electric kettle with an assortment of coffee and tea. Our room came with a tv, but we spent most of our down time in the hot tubs that could be used at any time. The hot tubs overlooked a small stream and hills. Hraunsnef is a working farm with cows, sheep and chickens. While the hotel is located on a farm, it did not smell like it. We ended up eating in the restaurant both nights and it was the best decision -- the beef, lamb, eggs, cucumbers and tomatoes were all from the farm and were delicious. Dinner was waiter service and breakfast was a buffet that was just as amazing as dinner. There are so many wonderful things I could say about Hraunsnef Country Hotel and I will continue to recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms had wifi except for the cabins.