“Brusque ”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We ate then on 3.9.2017. We were pulled in and hustled to a seat. We were given the menu and had to wait 10 mins till the order was taken. The starter arrived quite quickly which was satziki and salad. We then waited almost 40 mins and eventually I asked where the main course was. The waiter asked me if I wanted the bill and I replied no I wanted the food. The waiter returned with our main course which was average souvlaki and uninspired burger. After we'd eaten we sat again for a long time and eventually we got up and asked for the bill.
I remarked the service is very slow and the owner replied, the boys are tired and it will be the same tomorrow night. It would be better to serve the people eating well instead of hustling other people in so that the staff can't cope.

1  Thank Superuman

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Nice location at the harbour of Sivota.
Prices look ok, until you get your meal...
We were served very small greek salad (6 euro) and 10 clams for 13 euro !!!
These were normal clams, not oysters !!!
After reporting to the manager this one became rude and very unfriendly !
This place is not worth the word Greek nor family restaurant !
You are being ripped off, without a smile !
Stay away !

2  Thank 11didier
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is our first time in sivota and we went to Georgios..... we thought it was excellent food and excellent service.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We had the most delicious food here
It was very cheap for what you got - the food is of a high standard
The staff are just brilliant, helpful and funny and even danced for us all.
Can't say anything but good

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I had really high hopes as I'd heard good things from a couple of people and the place looked good from the outside. Claims to be a family run business since 1965. At the prices they charge for the lack lustre food they serve I wouldn't be surprised if the family now own one of the super yacht in picturesque harbour.

Unfortunately a tourist clip joint and an extremely expensive one at that. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to pay well for great service and quality well cooked food. A bit of love in the grub makes all the difference. A simple meal can be great with good well sourced ingredients and a friendly waiter.

This was the opposite. Very much a case of "you'll eat here once, so it doesn't matter what we give you". €20 for a very small and boney Bream over cooked and over seasoned with some cold uninspired vegetables. Apparently they have better fish behind the counter but oddly these are reserved (so they say). I got the impression that reserved means for the returning locals. The rest of the food was OK (just) but nothing special.

Staff unhelpful and inattentive.

Unfortunately my child started choking badly (not the restaurant's fault) and was then sick. No help whatsoever and despite asking them to get a cloth for us, we sat in baby puke for 20 mins. Lovely for the other customers. Thankfully one of the numerous stray cats cleaned up the mixture of lunch and dinner on the floor so waiter did have to.

Our experiences were similar to two other families this week. €82 for 2 adults and 2 children (2 courses with 500ml of house wine).

We did complain after they finally brought the bill. They could not have cared less. "Write what you want to write about us" said the owner. OK. I have.

Avoid. There is much better in Syvota.

4  Thank 200RichardH