“Great Food, Staff and Beer Selection ”

Local Beer, Patio and Kitchen
Ranked #133 of 1,569 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch at recommendation of the front desk of the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.

Large bar and also offered tables both inside and outside. Plenty of TVs with all of the games on.

I sat at the bar, the bartender was away from the bar but manager immediately came behind the bar to help me. They have a large selection of Nebraska craft beer. We discussed beer options, I tasted a sample but didn’t like it and ordered a local IPA which was very good. The manager gave me a food menu. By the time I was ready to order my lunch the bartender returned (he was getting bar supplies). I ordered a burger which was outstanding with a delicious bun. Halfway through we discussed beer options and I ordered another good local beer.

Overall great food and service a few blocks from the Old Market area.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Went here for a dinner with a business friend and ended up wonderfully surprised. Sat at the bar and Mike did a wonderful job explaining the different local beers on tap. Tried a few and all were excellent. Had the Sloppy Charlie for dinner and...wow!Really, really yummy. Make sure to add the cheese sauce. Ended up chatting with the owner, Charlie, and had a fantastic time. Will definitely be back!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Food was typical bar/ pub food. Good enough, but not extraordinary. What was bothersome was the fried food odor whose stench remains with our coats and clothes a day later. Don't wear good clothes if you are going here.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was the second year there for our group that comes from all different parts of the United States, to have met up at "Local." It has become our "go to" spot to gather, laugh, compare notes, and then compare our favorable reviews of the various types of beer that we found absolutely outstanding. The menu provides the perfect food to be paired with these excellent brews. Fried pickles, beer batter onion rings, pulled pork sandwiches and sliders, Reuben sandwiches on marbled rye, and the Iceberg Lettuce salad (chopped salad) are just a few of the wonderful choices. There are 60 micro brews....all great! We sort of felt a bit like Cheers when we said good-bye and called out to the staff, "See you next year!"

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I was excited to go here, had heard good things but so disappointing. As soon as we walked in, it smelled like rancid grease. You seated yourself and the servers were discussing who would serve us, it took 10 minutes for anyone to come over. Server was not friendly at all. Our appetizer was good, Poutine fries. My husband ordered fish and it came out overcooked, you couldn't even cut through the coating of the fish, tator tots were overcooked too. Tried getting our server, who never came back to our table but ended up flagging down a different server who said they would get the manager. Saw them talk to the manager but no one came back to our table. It took another 20 minutes to flag down our server, she went to talk to the manager too. They took the meal off our ticket but the manager never came to our table. I'm sorry, if you have a customer complaint you should discuss it with them. We were there an hour and a half and had the server come twice, take the order and deliver the order. Never came back to check on us. Will never go back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Local Beer, Patio and Kitchen? Share your experiences!