“Where's the beef!?”
Review of Sizzl'n Kabobs

Sizzl'n Kabobs
Ranked #1,058 of 1,532 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Very Small Meat Portions. Messed up my order, asked for 2 sides of Hummus and got 7 sides of Tzaziki. Who would ever order SEVEN sides of Tzaziki!? With a platter you get plenty of rice, a slice of bread and a whisper of meat and a few leafs of a salad. The meat was seasoned nicely and tasty however, for the money I could have gotten a wonderful portion from Jim and Jennie's or another Mediterranean / Greek grill in town. Could be a great place, but I felt ripped off. Maybe they should charge a dollar more and give larger portions of meat...

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Muslims that ran the place were incredibly and inexcusably rude to my wife. The waiter literally turned his back to my wife and asked me "what will she drink?". Then again "what will she eat?". She had a question about an item on the menu. He wouldn't answer it. The owner came over and handled the question, but only after I had to order something else for her.

The food tasted fine. But as this is Omaha and women are allowed to order food in their own voice, and there are plenty of Muslim owned restaurants where my wife is treated properly, this one can not fade away too fast.

We will never return.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 5 October 2016

My friend and I tried Sizzl'n Kabobs recenty. We had no trouble finding the place because of reading previous reviews. I had the chicken shish kabob platter, and my friend had the beef kabob platter. Everything was freshly made. Food was hot and quite flavorful. We both had enough leftover to take home. Walked through the grocery store while waiting for our order. Lots of spices and seasonings available. Our meals came with rice and a salad. Also a piece of naan with hummus.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Fresh and authentic. Just a few tables. Limited menu but food is authentic. Located behind Big Fred's Pizza inside a meat market. Have been here for take out and also eat in. No atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Based on my experience at Amsterdam Falafel and Kabob I thought I'd give Sizzl'n a shot. Weak, at best. I recommend you go just for the experience. The fell is like they have a (failing) market adjoined and had some booths, shaky tables, chairs, a grill, "hey, let's act like we have a restaurant". They have 8 menu items and were out of (obviously) the best three. Turn around and walk out? Of course not, that's disrespectful. Speaking of which, when we left the guy running it was watching a very loud video on his iphone at a booth and never knew we left. Hmm...just a little more effort and you can consider yourself a restaurant. Food was ok at best. We were there at 12:15 and the ONLY ones in the place.

Date of visit: May 2015

Been to Sizzl'n Kabobs? Share your experiences!