“Best Donuts Around? Maybe!”
Review of Olsen Bake Shop

Olsen Bake Shop
Ranked #6 of 22 Bakeries in Omaha
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I read an article listing the best donuts in the area and, being somewhat of an expert on donuts, had to try Olsen's. What I found wasn't flashy but, well, it was really good. They don't do donuts with amazing colors or cereals or designer tastes, they make basic donuts and they make them excellently. Many people think a grocery store donut is just fine... these people need to stop by Olsen and have their taste buds truly rewarded.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

This is the place to go for great kolache. Also other tasty bakery. It is great to be able to go in and visit with both the ladies that operate this great South Omaha bakery. i think they are mother and daughter, but no sure. Either way, the freshest bakery around is worth the trip from all directions.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

My coworkers and I have been bringing donuts once a month - each time from a different donut shop in a quest to find the best donuts. I have to say that Olsen's donuts were amazing. Their cinnamon rolls were delicious and their cake donuts are the best I've ever had (my coworkers agree). The donuts were still warm with the slightest crisp on the outside and super soft on the inside. I can't wait to go back. Note: cash only.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Superb family owned bake shop with delicious donuts, kolachys, and cookies.
Our donuts tasted fresh. They have sodas including Dr Pepper, so made my husband happy.
I got fresh brewed coffee and it was smooth.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This place has been around for years. I've been coming here since I was in grade school. They have a nice selection of donuts, rolls and cookies. I am glad to see this place still in operation. Buy local! Everything is very good and fresh. Not always the friendliest service but you can't beat the prices and donuts. I'll go here any day over Krispy Kreme. Get there early for the best selections. The place smells great when you walk in. They do serve coffee.

Been to Olsen Bake Shop? Share your experiences!