“Cupcakes, yes, but I LOVED the brownie!”
Review of Cupcake

Cupcake
Ranked #5 of 24 Bakeries in Omaha
Reviewed 27 March 2016

I'm still enjoying that whole cupcake boom from several years back and try to check out cupcake shops while traveling, so I was thrilled to see this place as we were walking through the Old Market. Our first pass through we were just looking, but the guy behind the counter was lovely even though we interrupted his baking. When we came back, I opted for a brownie rather than a cupcake because the cupcakes themselves are HUGE (the cake part) and I wanted a little more icing in my ratio, so I opted for the chocolate/peanut butter brownie - and it was DELICIOUS! Garnished with whole peanuts, which added a nice crunch, it was fresh, tasty, and big enough that I didn't mind sharing a few bites.

Hubby had a salted caramel cupcake which was loaded with caramel and had cream in the middle, which was a nice surprise. It was also garnished with whole peanuts - again, a nice touch.

As another reviewer has noted, the cupcakes are well packaged to take with you - the single plastic cupcake-shaped molded container ensures that it's as beautiful once you get it home as it looked on the bakery shelves. That has to add to the cost, but is definitely worth it, in my book.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We were craving something sweet when we rode past a sign off Dodge St close to midtown! We turned around and followed the sign! We went into this establishment where we saw cake decorations and a showcase of cupcakes with some original names like strawberry champagne, almond joy, salty carmel, pure vanilla and chocolate peanut just to name a few on the counter there were other enticing treats as well which we decided to order as well! The cupcakes are a little pricey at $3.75 each but the counter treats were affordable for taste testing at 2 for $1! The cupcake was super moist Since we ordered the German Chocolate cupcake. I only wish we had more of the coconut filing.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Cupcakes were very moist with many flavors to choose from. Friendly staff. To go container was a "fitted" plastic container, not just a little box. My friend had her cupcake in her purse for 5+ hours of shopping and the cupcake was perfectly fine, frosting and all.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Most fancy cupcakes I have had looked much better then it tasted. Not these. These look terrific and I couldn't believe how moist it was and the nice surprise is the filling. If your in the Old Market area you must try one!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

The cupcakes we bought were filled. While they were very tasty on the outside, the cream in the middle was a sweet surprise! They had some nicely decorated cupcakes on Valentine's Day when I was in the shop. It's a nice place to stop for dessert after eating at one of the many restaurants in the Old Market.

Been to Cupcake? Share your experiences!