“I only know and love the Lithuanian Torte”

Lithuanian Bakery & Kafe
Ranked #11 of 21 Bakeries in Omaha
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This place looks like nothing special when you walk in. I haven't been enticed to buy anything but the torte and that is because someone introduced me to it. Even though I am a fan of chocolate and raspberry, it is the original, vanilla and apricot, that is my favorite-and I only tried it because it was served at a party. I It is incredibly light, with layers of flaky, slightly crunchy pastry, separated with thin layers of a creamy filling and a very thin layer of tangy apricot that is divinely balanced. A thin slice is perfect, but then you will want another one daily until it is gone. I know this from experience.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The place sells very nice bred and pastries, and a large selection of German canned and packaged items from German companies. For lunch, we got tuna salad sandwich (too small for its price) and the mixed sausage platter which was very good and good value too, but it reminded me more of street food in Germany rather than the food you get in a restaurant in Lithuania.
I am not sure what the connection is between Lithuania and Germany, but the place would probably make better money by calling itself simply German bakery.
The staff was very friendly.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 9 June 2016

this bakery specializes in incredible Lithuanian torts, cakes, and bread that are prepared and baked on site. This is an excellent place to stop for afternoon tortes and coffee.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 16 April 2016

We just happened upon this as we were driving by and decided to make a quick stop. Great kolaches done the right way (not too dry or too soggy) and fabulous sugar cookies. The bread smelled heavenly but I'd just purchased two loaves elsewhere to had to pass that up but I'll be back to get some next time I'm in town.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 7 December 2015

When my husband and I were dating he was shocked that I had never tried the Lithuanian Torte from this little establishment. It has layers of light, crispiness and custard with a bit of apricot mixed in. When we are back in Omaha for a visit this place is always on our list to get a little torte. They also have huge ones which you can also buy at some HyVee's around town, but you really have to be having a party to eat that much. This little delight is quite rich, but if you're looking for a unique dessert, you can't beat it. But you'll find yourself thinking about it forever after.

Date of visit: October 2015

Been to Lithuanian Bakery & Kafe? Share your experiences!