“Nice dinner with friendly service”

Plank Seafood Provisions
Ranked #6 of 1,524 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Reviewed 12 October 2018

My wife and I had an early dinner here before heading to the airport. We told our server that we had a time limit, and he was extremely accommodating; the meal was not rushed, and we left with plenty of time to get to the airport.
The food was good. We split the Tuna a Poivre--just the right amount of spice, but a little stringy and the wedge salad. We had the fried cheese curds for an appetizer--order this; it was amazing!
For dessert we had the bread pudding. It also did not disappoint. I see why this place is highly rated. What's not to like?

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I can't think of much wrong with this place. We had numerous appetizers, drinks and then the main course; all of which were amazing. The grouper dinner was one of the best plates I've ever had. They even have a good Happy Hour on Saturdays! I would highly recommend anyone try Plank. If I come back I would probably order 6-10 appetizers and drinks, just to try more of the menu.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Walked by looking for some diner one night. Stopped in and althought was bust it seems, we got right in. Happy Hour helped. We ordered mostly Ala cart stuff off the happy hour menu and some oysters as well to try. Yea, ...no, wont try them again. Not as they weren't good (i think).....just not our thing. My gumbo was really. This was a 2 months ago, so I cannot remember the other dishes - but can remember us saying we'd go back. Prices were ok....alight more than moderate....but not too bad. I recommend.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have been to Plank several times and have never been disappointed. The staff has always been very attentive and accommodating for me and my guests.

The seafood is fresh and has always been excellent. I even took a couple of co-workers to Plank one night; one is from Seattle and the other from Baltimore. They were both amazed at the quality of the food and said it was on par, or better, than many great restaurants in their coastal cities.

I will keep going back and recommending Plank to others.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The plank is located in the “old market part of Omaha. So parking is an issue. The streets are old and if you have mobility problems keep your eye on the road/sidewalk. Google gave it only 2$$ for cost. It is probably closer to 3out if 4. But the food was great. Gumbo was just a little Spicy, the fried appetizers (HUGE shrimp fish planks and French fries) were crisp and not greasy. The seafood French fries were weird but good. The diver scallops were fresh and cooked perfectly. The grouper was also good but not as impressive as the scallops. They do a lot of oysters—especially at happy hour. Alcoholic drinks were available and prices pretty reasonable. 5-6$. Tea glass was kept full and the server was very attentive without being intrusive.
The location is close to parks and shopping and art galleries, so it would be easy to make it most of a day.