“Relaxing Lunch with a friend”

Upstream Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,524 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: USD 12 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th & Jackson
Transit: Upstream Brewing Company and the Old Market area are easily accessible by Metro Area Transit bus routes 10 and 13 and Express route 95.
Description: At Upstream Brewing Company, we pride ourselves on brewing great beer and serving fresh food. Come in today for lunch or dinner, or just visit us to taste our award-winning beers. We are in Omaha, Nebraska. Our services include wine and cocktail menu, handcrafted beer, pool tables, banquet menus and rooms, and catering. Our extensive menu includes everything from pizza and sandwiches to entrees and dessert. We also make our own root beer. We are willing to accommodate your dietary needs, just let your server know when you visit. Visit our website today to view our menu.
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The Old Market area of down town Omaha is home to a slew of restaurants. While here, I am trying to tap into the local scene and try as much as possible. Upstream seemed to be the right choice today.

Their atmosphere was relaxing and a bit old world. The greeter was friendly and pointed us to the bar so we could avoid a table and see the world pass by while having our adult beverages.

Jill was our bar maid and she took care of us with a 4-Glass Flight filled with their best home made concoctions. I chose the Firehouse Red, Bochacho, Capital Premium Ale and Nebraska Nice. Fire House and Bochacho were my two favorites so it was a 16 oz glass to follow the flight and have with my meal.

We ordered the Downtown Meatloaf and the Italian Shrimp Bowl. The meatloaf was huge and came with Smashed Potatoes topped with 2 enormous Onion Rings and Green Beans. Ruby said it was delicious. My Shrimp bowl was a mix of Shrimp, white beans, tomato, kale, zucchini, squash, farro, roasted garlic aioli with herb bread. There was a kettle of home made Chicken Stock what went along side of it and the whole thing was terrific!!

There was zero room left for dessert but if I was to chose something, it would have been the Fresh Fruit Crisp topped with Vanilla Bean ice cream......next time.

All in all it was a great place, good service and a fantastic meal. My partner gave me some great conversation so who could ask for anything more?

Will I go back? Absolutely!!

Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I flew in around noon, made it down to the Old Market by 1:30pm. Stopped by 3 restaurants to see which one was busiest. Upstream was by far the most populated. Our group tried a burger, wings, salad(the special), soup, fries, root beer float. Not a single disappointment, our highlight was our server Andi - she was amazing! Very pleasant, great table side etiquette, my whole family connected with her and thought she was great. Ambiance was a little dark, the wait on the food was long, but when it came it was right and a good experience. Andi was aware of our wait and checked in often and kept our drinks full. It looked like there was a big selection of beer, we didn't try any of them. Parking meters outside take Visa and MC, I would walk 5 blocks easy to sit down at this restaurant again.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Several craft beers are offered on a seasonal menu. Delicious menu will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The place had the typical we sell a lot of food and drinks but can't clean all that well smell. Food was ok and service was decent but all and all it wasn't a great place to go.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

with anything it offers, parking always a challenge, laissez faire staff attitude (we came in promptly at 2 and was informed that since the buffet was over at 2 we missed out) service was slow at best .. our server managed to mix up our drink orders--ugh! and on top of that it is very noisy as the walls echo.. strongly suggest other places if you want to eat in old market

Been to Upstream Brewing Company? Share your experiences!