“Delicious vegan sushi”

Ranked #128 of 1,413 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fresh and energetic, Blue Sushi Sake Grill serves fun sushi! You will enjoy a dining experience infused with flavor and spirited atmosphere. A large maki, sashimi and nigiri menu complements Asian-inspired cold plates, hot plates, entrees, soups, desserts and an extensive premium sake menu. We offer weekday Sushi Lunch Specials and daily Happy Hour specials!
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I was truly surprised by how delicious the vegan sushi was. Up till this lunch, my experience in Omaha as a vegetarian had been most disappointing -- it seems that all there is on offer is meat meat meat, and if you're vegetarian then all on offer is usually a plain salad. So I was delighted to find not only vegetarian, but also vegan options -- and several at that! -- on the menu.

I had the lunch special where you can order two maki for $11. Both items arrived together on one plate. I had the Crunchy Cabbage, which had tempura cabbage on top -- I wouldn't have known it was cabbage, it was so crunchy. I also had the Eden Roll with edamame hummus on top. Both were very, very delicious. I was also impressed with the wasabi paste: it had bite! Oh, the lunch special came with a starter salad or miso soup. I had the salad, and ordered the peanut dressing. The salad was actually disappointing -- which is why I have already forgotten about it!

Our server was attentive and very helpful with deciding on the meal choices.

I don't give this place 5/5 because the outdoor eating area is devoid of atmosphere. Basically, you're sitting in a parking lot surrounded by other restaurants and I presume shops. I have come to accept this is part of the Omaha surrounds, but for someone not from such a city (I was visiting on business), I was not used to it nor did I like it.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I came here with high expectation since I saw a lot of good review in tripadvisor. For dinner, we ordered chicken lettuce wraps, river rock tenderloins and 4 different kinds of sushi. The chicken lettuce wraps was all right - it consisted of stir fry chicken, some lettuce, and pickles. The river rock tenderloin was great, very tender and juicy. However, the sushi was not good at all. The rice was mushy (and it had a lot more rice compared to the regular sushi I usually had). The server, Rachel, was nice though... So, if you want to have authentic sushi, this is not the place for it.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I love Blue, and this was my first visit to this location. We usually go to the one downtown and before that had been to the one out on Maple. The service was excellent, the food was delicious. We sat at the sushi bar and watched the chef's make all of the sushi.
The dinner was slightly expensive although we had a $10 off coupon. Which is why we went to this location. We try to go during happy hour but going once off during a normal dinner was a lot of fun. Overall I would recommend. The sushi was slightly different but still delicious. And it was fun to have a full menu to go off of as opposed to just the happy hour. Would recommend. Still my favorite sushi!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Food was great...never had a Tempura Roll before, and it was AMAZING! Restaurant is small, but very nice.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

This was my first sushi experience and I was not disappointed. I ordered calamari as an appetizer, and cooked sushi as my main dish. I loved all the different types of sushi my party ordered. The only down side is that they are always busy so we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated. Will go back!

FlagshipRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Sushi Sake Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Calamari (I always order this with my friends, too) and the variety of sushi options. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back again soon. Have a great week.

Bests,
Sarah D.

Been to Blue Sushi Sake Grill? Share your experiences!