“Great price at the perfect location”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great price at the perfect location”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Spent the weekend at the annual volleyball tournament at the CenturyLink center. Hotel is attached to convention center and close to downtown dining and short 6 or 7 blocks from old town area for shopping and more dining. Rooms were spacious and properly equipped for business needs with ample workspace and outlets for accessories. Refrigerator helped with keeping drink costs down. Easy access to airport and other downtown attractions.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for your very nice review, we enjoy having the volleyball participants and fans with us and hope to see you all back next year, if not sooner!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Every person from the moment I was picked up at the airport until I checked out the next day was helpful and had a great attitude! Loved this hotel! Will stay here every time I'm in Omaha!

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we look forward to being of service to you again very soon and often!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had to be in Omaha one night while traveling to my mother's funeral. Although I had added late arrival (11 p.m.- midnight) to our reservation and called that morning to confirm that they should hold the room for our arrival due to a late flight into OMA, when we arrived at midnight we were told that our room had been given away and that no room was available; that they had overbooked. It was midnight (although our bodies said 1 a.m., New York time). They sent us to the Hotel Deco where we had a true nightmare of a stay (see review). I'll never trust the Hilton again.

Room Tip: Avoid this chain if you don't have time to make last minute alternate arrangements.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dorothyc_nyc
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for failing your trust in Hilton and Hilton Omaha.

You are absolutely correct, we failed to retain a room for you, even though you called in advance and advised us of your late arrival. This was noted in your reservation, and was our responsibility to take good care of you.

Our best solution was to get you into the only other AAA 4 Diamond hotel in Omaha, and pay for your stay there. We read your review of Hotel Deco and are very disappointed that the condition of the room and your experience was less than acceptable.

We are very sorry that, because of us, your travel plans for your mother's funeral were not comforting during a time when you needed it.

We would like to do whatever we can to make our failure up to you and I will send you a personal message with my contact information.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed here on February 4th. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The decor through out is extremely modern, but tasteful. The staff at the counter was very helpful. The night we stayed was a huge snowstorm, and the valet staff was helping direct people around since you couldn't read the signs outside for where to park, etc. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very nice comments about our hotel decor and team!

We completed an extensive remodel project recently throughout the hotel and we are deligted that you enjoyed the new furnishings and decor.

Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests, and we apprecate your recognition of their efforts, even through conditions such as the snow storm you experienced.

We hope to see you back at Hilton Omaha again soon!
Papillion
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I rely on Hilton Omaha for giving me an experience I can walk away from with a smile on my face. It has become my "Go To" Hotel for staycations here in Omaha.

January 13th was my husbands (50+) birthday. I opted to go all out and get a suite. To help my husband enjoy his B'day, I sent a flyer to Hilton with a picture of us, the time of our arrival and the pictures of our cars for the valet for recognition. I wanted everyone there to wish him a "Happy Birthday". It would have been an added nicety for his experience. Unfortunately, only Jason Chase (front desk manager I believe) was the only one that wished him a Happy Birthday. We had a small issue at checkin, but nothing that wasn't easily remedied.

We dropped off our overnight bags and headed to The Chophouse at the Paxton for a lovely dinner with friends to add to the celebration. We returned on the free shuttle and was greated again by the front desk staff asking how our dinner was.

Our suite had obviously been partially renovated. It was absolutely beautiful! So spacious! So comfortable! Two bathrooms, a full living room, a 3/4 kitchen with small fridge, a table that seated 8 (don't know why so many seats, but it was just that big!), two TV's and a wonderful view.

Upon our return to the room from dinner we were suprised with a gift of a bottle of wine and I found a platter of several different cheeses, fruit, walnuts and flatbread in the fridge with a handwritten note wishing my husband a wonderful birthday from Jason Chase and the Front desk staff. The surprise was much more than we had anticipated and certainly not solicited. That gift was above and beyond what I have experienced at this hotel or any other hotel in the past.....and I have my fair share of stays in a number of different locations.

Wonderful, fabulous, enjoyable! Thank you Jason!!!! You couldn't have made our stay any better, save make our stay free! :) See you next time!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us for your 50th birthday celebration!

I have checked with all areas and we do not recall receiving the picture that you mentioned; we would have been delighted to provide that extra WOW factor upon arrival that you were hoping for. If you have future occasions, feel free to call and ask for the Executive Assistant to the General Manager to help coordinate any special needs or requests.

We are proud of Jason and our Front Desk team for capping your stay with a celebration memento and hope your year ahead is full of great memories.

We hope to see you back for a 51st celebration!