“Gyros to go”

El Basha
Ranked #149 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 7 February 2018

The Omaha World Herald "food prowl" recommended the gyros at El Basha so I picked some up on the way home.They were delicious, and I don't usually care for them that much. They came with onions, tomatoes and a delicious sauce. One of our party got the gyro meal and it came with mashed potatoes, soup and a drink. I was full with just one gyro as they are fairly large and meaty. The lentil soup was curry flavored and enjoyable. The potatoes came cold, not sure if that was intentional. The service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

My God mother introduced me to this restaurant and I have been a repeat customer ever since. I only get the gyro when I go there but man is it amazing. Cheap price too.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Ate here with a group and while I thought the food was probably better than average I didn’t think it was great. It seemed like they struggled to get the orders correct and it took a very long time to be the complete order for the table out. I probably wouldn’t be in a hurry to go back

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Small and cozy place that always seems to do a good business with Mediterranean clientele. I have only had the hummus and tea and really enjoyed both.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We tried: 1.Chicken Shawarma over rice: contained 6 pieces of chicken with rice, tomato, onion, mushroom and something like dill pickle. The rice was quite good but the chicken was quite rubbery. We took lentil soup with this, which was quite good too. There were bread sticks to accompany, which was fine, nothing great. 2.Lamb Shish Kabob: contained 6-8 pieces of lamb with rice, tomato, onion, mushroom and something like dill pickle. The lamb was rubbery, too. The accompanying salad was nothing great. We wanted to take dessert, but, there was nothing except Baklava; at $5 the pieces were small; we skipped. Maybe, we did not order the right/popular stuff. Service and ambience were fine. All in all, somewhat disappointing; as this was supposed to be a great place.

1  Thank Omahan I

Been to El Basha? Share your experiences!