“Half Term Family Ski”

Chalet la Tarine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nancroix
Reviewed 20 February 2015

Family of 4.

Celine is a great host (and works very hard to keep everyone happy) and our initial thoughts were positive. The room was a little small but this was not really a problem. The rooms were cleaned daily and new towels provided.

Breakfast was basic but good with eggs, toast , cereal and juice on offer.

The evening meals were good, and service ok. The evening meal time was 19.30 which was quite late for children, especially those who were skiing. The restaurant and bar did get very busy on Wednesday and Thursday.

Greggs bar (in the basement) was ok and has a pool table (and pole!!!). I'm not sure this bar works with the hotel?

Unfortunately the Tuesday Karaoke was extremely loud and kept us all awake until 2am.

Friday night DJ night was also loud and again a very late night with very drunk resident shouting around the hotel (we didn't expect this in a quiet village) and again awake until 2am waiting for some peace and quiet.

Its worth noting that the reception closes at 10pm.

For the price it was ok, but for a family it is not somewhere I would return.

Room Tip: nowhere near the bar
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah T
NICOLAS1350, Propriétaire at Chalet la Tarine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Hello,
Thanks for your comment on your recent stay in our hotel. We knew during your stay, because you tell us, than your were disturb by the karaoke and the DJ night.
Usually, there’s just one animation on the Sunday evening in the bar, this proper week, we get a group in the hotel which was asking for a DJ night with their own DJ.
The bar is not under the rooms but we will do some refurbishement this off season to arrange the noise problem between the animations in the bar and the hotel, even if we organise just one’s a week.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were in the Alps last week and went to visit friends in Les Arcs. We were recommended to this great little hotel. we arrived without a reservation but were offered a family room for the 3 of us. The room was clean and a good shower followed by a nice buffet breakfast. The price was also very reasonable for the one night we stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recently spent two weeks at this wonderful little hotel in Peisey, (NOT Nancroix that is 100% wrong Tripadvisor) while on a ski holiday in the Paradiski ski region. The staff and owners were fantastic, with Celine and her family being the perfect hosts. Both Celine and her husband spoke fluent English which certainly made the trip easier (although don't let that dissuade you visitors from speaking French) and she had my ski pass all set. Celine also could have had my carte neige (ski insurance) already set up also but I neglected to inform her about getting it. She did everything to make my stay easy and very pleasant. The hotel was centrally located in Peisey with the butcher, baker, and local cheese shop being next door, the small grocer and ski shop five minutes away, and the lift access to the ski area being about ten minutes walk (in ski boots). Breakfast was excellent with cold cuts and cheese, bread, butter and fruit preserves, an egg cooker, and a variety of cereals and yogurts. The dinner menu was good although I always had the set course meal which normally consisted of an appetizer, main course, cheese, and dessert. The wait staff was excellent with the barman and waitress in the main restaurant dealing with sometimes large crowds (the first few days the hotel and restaurant was fairly quiet but the last week was pretty full, especially the restaurant). All the meals were exceptionally good. The rooms were very clean and well thought out with some having balconies which was great to see the afternoon apres-ski parties in front of the hotels, kids playing and screaming in the main street, and the general life in a small French mountain village. I never watched the tv but one was in the room, and the wifi was free during my stay. My two week stay was an exceptional value with my entire bill (including room and half-board, bar bill, tip, and ski pass for 13 days) being just about 1600 euros. I certainly would recommend staying here and plan to do so if given the chance. An excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and the rooms on the south side are larger and face the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just got back from La Tarine after a great stay. The hotel is everything you would expect from a budget hotel and more. Celine and the staff cannot do enough to help you make your stay good. We arrived and were handed our discounted ski passes. We chose to rent from the intersport Les Melezes at the top of the lift so less walking carrying skis but there is a shop in the village also. The food was good and you could vary without any difficulty. My only gripe was the size of the towels which were tiny and only one each. The family room was just right for me and a son and would suit a family with smaller children. The wall between my bed and next door quite thin but not a real problem. Overall a great stay. Nothing to do in evenings though and only one other bar in village so not somewhere to go if you need evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Family room on top floor have a bath
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawyermum
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here with my 23 year old son for a week skiing at Les Arcs/ La Plagne. The Hotel is excellent value, comfortable and quiet rooms, fab breakfast and a good menu choice for the evening. Easy to get to the ski area and Celine's perfect english makes the stay trouble free. Not in the busiest part of the resort but there is a bar, shop and free bus the the main resort, it was lovely to be just that step away and I cannot fault the Hotel or Staff in any way.

Room Tip: Stayed in a twin, room 19 with a little balcony and shower overlooking the village, beautifully deco...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nancroix
3.1 km away
6.4 km away
Hotel Taj-I Mah
Hotel Taj-I Mah
#2 of 17 in Les Arcs

Been to Chalet la Tarine? Share your experiences!