All reviews her husband ski rental yogurt les arcs celine intersport passes party skiing vallandry mountains chalet
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recently spent two weeks at this wonderful little hotel in Peisey, (NOT Nancroix that is 100% wrong Tripadvisor) while on a ski holiday in the Paradiski ski region. The staff and owners were fantastic, with Celine and her family being the perfect hosts. Both Celine and her husband spoke fluent English which certainly made the trip easier (although don't let that dissuade you visitors from speaking French) and she had my ski pass all set. Celine also could have had my carte neige (ski insurance) already set up also but I neglected to inform her about getting it. She did everything to make my stay easy and very pleasant. The hotel was centrally located in Peisey with the butcher, baker, and local cheese shop being next door, the small grocer and ski shop five minutes away, and the lift access to the ski area being about ten minutes walk (in ski boots). Breakfast was excellent with cold cuts and cheese, bread, butter and fruit preserves, an egg cooker, and a variety of cereals and yogurts. The dinner menu was good although I always had the set course meal which normally consisted of an appetizer, main course, cheese, and dessert. The wait staff was excellent with the barman and waitress in the main restaurant dealing with sometimes large crowds (the first few days the hotel and restaurant was fairly quiet but the last week was pretty full, especially the restaurant). All the meals were exceptionally good. The rooms were very clean and well thought out with some having balconies which was great to see the afternoon apres-ski parties in front of the hotels, kids playing and screaming in the main street, and the general life in a small French mountain village. I never watched the tv but one was in the room, and the wifi was free during my stay. My two week stay was an exceptional value with my entire bill (including room and half-board, bar bill, tip, and ski pass for 13 days) being just about 1600 euros. I certainly would recommend staying here and plan to do so if given the chance. An excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and the rooms on the south side are larger and face the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just got back from La Tarine after a great stay. The hotel is everything you would expect from a budget hotel and more. Celine and the staff cannot do enough to help you make your stay good. We arrived and were handed our discounted ski passes. We chose to rent from the intersport Les Melezes at the top of the lift so less walking carrying skis but there is a shop in the village also. The food was good and you could vary without any difficulty. My only gripe was the size of the towels which were tiny and only one each. The family room was just right for me and a son and would suit a family with smaller children. The wall between my bed and next door quite thin but not a real problem. Overall a great stay. Nothing to do in evenings though and only one other bar in village so not somewhere to go if you need evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Family room on top floor have a bath
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawyermum
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here with my 23 year old son for a week skiing at Les Arcs/ La Plagne. The Hotel is excellent value, comfortable and quiet rooms, fab breakfast and a good menu choice for the evening. Easy to get to the ski area and Celine's perfect english makes the stay trouble free. Not in the busiest part of the resort but there is a bar, shop and free bus the the main resort, it was lovely to be just that step away and I cannot fault the Hotel or Staff in any way.

Room Tip: Stayed in a twin, room 19 with a little balcony and shower overlooking the village, beautifully decorated in local style.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We found the hotel to be excellent value for a family holiday and very well run. Ski passes arranged in advance, convenient arrangement with nearby ski rental shop and everything well organised. There is a bit of a trek to the ski lift and a long walk down some stairs to get back again (much enjoyed with tired children!) and this is probably reflected in the hotel's pricing. Very welcoming and accommodating hosts in hotel and bar (it stays open late but we never heard it from our room). Hostess Celine speaks good English and communicated well by email in advance of the holiday. Good, reliable home-cooked food included in our half-board rate and good selection at buffet breakfast. Our double room was quite small but just what one would expect of this standard hotel. Great ski area - much enhanced by such good ski conditions for this late in the season! Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank C-W_2000
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Our family party of 5 have enjoyed an excellent short break over new year at the Chalet la Tarine. This is a very well run and well located family run hotel. The food was home cooked and delicious, especially the six course New Year Eve meal for which no extra supplement was charged. It's a short walk to the "televillage" lift which takes you straight up to the Peisey lift with full access to the wonderful Les Arcs ski area. The hotel is sensibly priced and is definitely a good value option for this area. The rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family