Nevada Southern Railway Excursion
Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Go for the ride in the engine if you can

My partner and I took this train ride a couple of weeks ago and I booked for him to go in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
binthere-dunit
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Great Little Excursion

If you are looking for something to do in the Las Vegas Area? This little Excursion is a must for... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jtsllb3
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

All reviews train ride great for kids yucca hoover dam engine volunteers aboard cars track journey
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Loved this train ride, good fun, & cheap.
Staff are really nice.
Great to see people keeping " the old " things working
& being used.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The train runs Saturdays and Sundays and is definitely worth the time if you like trains and history. The staff are very friendly and genuinely enjoy being there. Great for kids and adults!

Reviewed 28 May 2016

What they don't tell you about their train rides is that they travel only between the depot and the Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino which is a distance just over three miles and in full sight of the highway on one side. Consequently it was of no value to me and as I hadn't researched enough I have only myself to blame. At least it was a nice day and I got a chance to see some kids really enjoying themselves and soaking in the awe of the big machines.

So, if you want to take your kids out for an actual train ride with very low risk and a reasonable cost, this is a great opportunity to do so. The crew are all very friendly and helpful and, as volunteers, they are pleased to be able to show off their skills and genuinely seem to be pleased that you are there.

2  Thank MisterBuster
Reviewed 8 May 2016

My wife and I visited this and took a lot of photos of the full size trains. They had a railway post office car you could get on with a good video description of the activity on the car. You could get on a caboose and see what the living conditions were. You can take a free ride on a small powered car to go by some of the other unique equipment that they will be restoring. Then you can board a railroad car that has both HO and O gauge model railroads that run with good scenery and good sound effects. All that is free. (You can make a donation). We donated for the model railroad and the small powered car ride.

1  Thank Herbert K
Reviewed 26 December 2015

We go down with our young grandsons. You get to tour the rail yard and all the trains. Then for a fairly reasonable amount you get about a twenty minute ride on the train. My grandsons love being able to move through the coaches and the cars and try out all the different seats and areas. The view is nice and the train is not crowded, except during the holidays. We really enjoy the experience and most of the cars are air-conditioned so you can go at anytime.