All reviews full size fridge laundry basket stove top best pizza packaged breakfast clean and comfortable stay breakfast in bed economy hotel moose's tooth extended stay hotel pots and pans few minutes walk paper plates laundry service ice maker easy chair longer stay
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in September. It was clean and modern and had a wiz-bang kitchen with full-size fridge and cooking facilities. This is where the BUT comes in. There was absolutely nothing in the drawers or cupboard with which to use this great kitchenette. Not a pot, not a plate, not even a spoon!

Yes, there was a small store downstairs where you could buy all those things but at $6 per plate and $32 for a small pan it was not a cost effective option. It may be fine for families or business travellers who stay longer periods but we were International travellers who were there for 2 days.
For our last morning we bought a couple of tubs of Granola from the store to heat in the micro-wave. Yep, you guessed it! We then discovered we had nothing to eat them with.!
How much would it cost to put in the kitchen basics? Even if they added an extra $5 a day to the bill it would still be worthwhile.

The hotel itself is lovely, albeit an Uber distance from town. But it is the small details, such as an unequipped kitchen, which can impact on the enjoyment of your visit. Hopefully they will address this in the future.

The staff were friendly and helpful and we appreciated the shuttle to the airport. All it took for 5 stars was a a couple of plates and some cutlery.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ken J, Regional Manager at My Place Hotel-Anchorage, AK, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Chose this for 3 nights before a Yukon fishing trip and 1 night afterwards. A very efficient, clean and comfortable stay. It suited our needs perfectly. The staff, especially Jackie were always so helpful and polite. Only criticiism is that the little shop is too expensive - it was useful and appreciated but expensive for items such as water.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Ken J, Regional Manager at My Place Hotel-Anchorage, AK, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed here after arriving in Anchorage from Orlando, Florida. We needed a good night sleep to continue on our travels the next day. The service was very good, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. It was easy to find and parking was readily available.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Deborah H, General Manager at My Place Hotel-Anchorage, AK, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for choosing My Place! We look forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I have stayed here about a half a dozen times now (most recently-last week) with my senior dog & all aspects of time at this hotel are top notch. Phone call direct booking, my Alaska resident rate, first floor room with my dog with easy outside access door, quiet street with grass to walk (& well trained dog owners WILL PICK UP AFTER THEIR DOG). Staff is always helpful, friendly, and available for questions. I REALLY LIKE MY PLACE HOTEL!

Room Tip: Rooms to the left of the front door are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Well Thank You Maria! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The night manager tried hard to make things right. The other clerk didnt seemto be interested. EAven though I called three days early and again on the day of the flight I don't think she listened. There was no time to pick me up on the shuttle log, After waiting 20 minutes I called= and was told 20 minutes. No shuttle 55 min later. The clerk sent him to the wrong door. Arrived at hotel to find they did not have a room for me. Waited in loby another 45 minutes for a room.The desk clerk just didnt care as far as I could see, the night manager did and worked hard to fix things. Room itself was better than I expected, clean, bright, quiet, good wifi. Communication among the staf was poor, but I think most of it was due to the one clerk. I do not know if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Call repeatedly to make sure room and shuttle are actually available at the time you need them.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

As General Manager, I want to apologize and acknowledge that we definitely dropped the ball. We did have some staffing issues and although that should never effect the guest, it did. We truly hope you give us another try in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience, knowledge is power!